How did you think of your forum/battlelog nickname

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

BlooDRaptoR1

Re: How did you thought of your forum nickname

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRWOFEpskZ8[/youtube]

~BlooDRaptoR1 here.
Last edited by BlooDRaptoR1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
BrujahSulik

Post by BrujahSulik »

Great idea for a thread! I tend to wonder on some of the more curious names sometimes, otherwise I find a bit of enjoyment seeing names that I "get the joke" of, or understand its possible origin. Fun stuff! Here's mine:

Forum is same as Origin/BF3, so here it goes: BrujahSulik; or Brujah Sulik as two separate names.

Sulik is a NPC from Fallout 2. You can hear and see him here on YouTube. Without the video, he's a "tribal" man your character runs into near to where the character begins his journey. He was a good hand in combat, and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing his musings when spoken to about various other NPCs and in various locations. Good times.

Brujah is a clan of vampire from the White Wolf Game Studio's lore in book and roleplaying environs. This is what Wikipedia has to say on the Brujah clan. I only ever decided on this because I played Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption some short time after I had been exposed to Fallout 2, and so the game captivated me as Fallout 2 did, and so did a lot of the story behind WW's imagining of vampires and their history. In the game your character's only "choice" of clan is Brujah, and so you play out the rest of the game under that clan moniker. The clan is known for violence, homicidal tendencies, and in historical times, they were regarded as "warrior philosophers", to add an air of sophistication to the mix.

Typically, Sulik is taken, and from time to time Brujah is taken in games that secure usernames, so I add the two up and run with that, I'm guaranteed the name every time I've tried so far. Hope you enjoyed!
"Excuse me, can I get a cup of coffee, black!"
"Can't you see we talkin', white!?"
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

elchino7: most of my friends nickname me "Chino" (as me being descendent from :asians:) This is my most common nick to register with.
Chukonoku: ingame nick. Resembles to a little special troop from the game Age of empires II. The -Chukonu´s of Elite- where the special force the Chinese civilization had. They spammed a lot of bolts with their automatic/repetitive crossbow.
Regards of playing random i frequently was playing with Asian civilizations (Persians-Huns-Chinese).

If Chukonu´s is the real name... why the change at the end?? Simple, i was always wrong but in my head that soldiers where called like that. When i check my mistake i wouldnt change it as i liked how it sound :mrgreen: Besides i will never have problems of getting a coincidence nick with someone else :P

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
archdirtydigger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by archdirtydigger »

My playername is in fact or sort of a description of my profession. I firts tried dirtydigger but it was taken so it became arch(as i really)dirty digger. I'm an arcaeologist - digger - and I don't mind getting dirty while digging.
BF3C4: Image
BF3C5: Sergeant
BF3C6: Image
BF4C1:--
BF4C2: Image
BF4C3: LN7 Image
BF4C4: JANUS
BF4C5: KTSS
BF4C6: Image
ZebraPeps
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZebraPeps »

My nick (same in forum & bf3), is a combination of two nicks/accounts I had back in the days when I played Artifact. I had several freeman accounts there, until I settled for Zebra. However... when my battlefield days started, that nick wasn't available so I just combined my favourite two nicks from Artifact, hence ZebraPeps. Also, when younger - looong time ago... yup, I'm an old fart:) I was sometimes called Peps by some of my friends :D
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

archdirtydigger wrote:My playername is in fact or sort of a description of my profession. I firts tried dirtydigger but it was taken so it became arch(as i really)dirty digger. I'm an arcaeologist - digger - and I don't mind getting dirty while digging.
When I was a kid I dreamt to be an archaeologist, loved dinosaurs, well still do and history in general. Now, I just don't want to get dirty :D
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

.Sup wrote:
archdirtydigger wrote:My playername is in fact or sort of a description of my profession. I firts tried dirtydigger but it was taken so it became arch(as i really)dirty digger. I'm an arcaeologist - digger - and I don't mind getting dirty while digging.
When I was a kid I dreamt to be an archaeologist, loved dinosaurs, well still do and history in general. Now, I just don't want to get dirty :D
Same here, just still have interest in history and ! i don't mind getting dirty ( dirty old bastard that I'm already are :P )
Darknote

Post by Darknote »

Mine was from Death Note. For many its probably a sick anime show. But for me, it was enjoyable, alot.
And for those wondering what Death Note is, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note

~Dark
DaFi

Post by DaFi »

David Fischer -> DaFi
DaFi -> dEAfi
because it was the EA Download Manager when I made my account and DaFi wasnt available anymore...
Didnt feel like changing it when it became Origin and your Soldiers name.

Also used BAUM (Tree in german) for a while, to kinda do the opposite of all those xXLeet5nip0rzXx, but that is a long time ago.
Battlelog/Origin: DaveFi
BF3C4 Gladius - BF3C5 Legion of Doom - BF3C6 United Nations Security Council
BotoloLover
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by BotoloLover »

Actually my real nickname, the one everyone uses expect maybe my mother and father is "Sciabola" or, abbreviated, "Scia'". Now, that's the italian word for "Sabre", and it's kind of like a family thing, because everyone called my Grandfather that way (Well not in Italian, in our local dialect), everyone knows my father and uncle as "Sciabulitto"'s (The dialect version) sons, and I inherited it too. But pronouncing it is hard for English speakers, so I use BotoloLover in english communities 'cause Botolo is simpler, and my dog's name was Botolo. Still, if you can manage, it'd be awesome to hear people from like 30 different nationalities trying to say a word like "Sciabola" or better, "Sciabulitto".
ImageImageImage
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

I started to use the nich sushi in the mid-nineties to chat in one of the online mailboxes CUBEnet here in Munich. These guys used to meet for reallife-parties and stuff and offcause we were all l33t and called us with our online-nicknames. When I started onlinegaming I stuck with the name.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

sushi25 wrote:I started to use the nich sushi in the mid-nineties to chat in one of the online mailboxes CUBEnet here in Munich. These guys used to meet for reallife-parties and stuff and offcause we were all l33t and called us with our online-nicknames. When I started onlinegaming I stuck with the name.
lol when I met Ramboon and Stonie in RL I also called them that way and they called me Sup :P
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Omg stonie!?!? I think i have a pic of him smoking 2 giant joints layed on a table. where is he ?!/
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Jimmy_ARG

Post by Jimmy_ARG »

Mi original nickname was St. Jimmy. It comes from the Green Day song with that name and the character called like that in that Green Day's album. But there are 9684684684 people with that nick so I change it to Jimmy and added _ARG because I'm Argentinian and we sometimes add our nationality to recognize ourselves in foreign servers.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

Jimmy_ARG wrote:Mi original nickname was St. Jimmy. It comes from the Green Day song with that name and the character called like that in that Green Day's album. But there are 9684684684 people with that nick so I change it to Jimmy and added _ARG because I'm Argentinian and we sometimes add our nationality to recognize ourselves in foreign servers.
I always thought it was ARG as in you being annoyed "aaaarghh" o.o'