And who are you, the proud lord said ... [GoT spoilers]

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: And who are you, the proud lord said ... [GoT spoilers]

Post by zorplex »

The best part of last week's episode? No longer having to spoiler tag the Red Wedding!

Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

mrBLUE9 wrote:I'm actually enjoying the series even more after the last episode. But I am kind of wondering if they are going to ran out of characters soon. :lol:
The fact that the GoT characters are not immortal is exactly what hooked me into the series at the beginning. The moment Ned Stark got axed was the moment I purchased the first book :-) Love it!

They'll never run out of characters... in the book, it seems like every time one dies another two come out of the woodwork. This kind of makes sense to me, since there are always people ready to snatch at an opportunity to improve their social standing. What happens when two people want one position? Fights. More fights. More blood. Muahaha.
TacticalVirus wrote: Well I know it's fairly common among the book readers to have thrown the book down and ignored it for a week or more, who knows how it will be received by the viewing audience.
When I read it, I got really upset. I'd have to say Rob was definitely one of my preferred characters up to that point... but rather than putting the book away, I read on. I had to find out what happened next! I knew I couldn't sleep anyway :-P
zorplex wrote:The best part of last week's episode? No longer having to spoiler tag the Red Wedding!
Finally! Next we'll have to keep quiet about the blue wedding.
RazY70 wrote:
TheYonderGod wrote:I just watched it... I cried. Worst episode ever, I'm seriously pissed.
Come on... seriously? I thought it was an excellent episode. Godfather style ending :clap:
In my opinion, the fact that the book and TV series are able to elicit such powerful emotion speaks volumes on the strength of the storytelling. I get upset at parts of this book (Ned Stark, Red Wedding, and a couple future things), and I love that as much as I love the tiny victories :-)
Hi!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Goggles wrote:
TacticalVirus wrote: Well I know it's fairly common among the book readers to have thrown the book down and ignored it for a week or more, who knows how it will be received by the viewing audience.
When I read it, I got really upset. I'd have to say Rob was definitely one of my preferred characters up to that point... but rather than putting the book away, I read on. I had to find out what happened next! I knew I couldn't sleep anyway :-P
before I started reading it my buddy told me not to get attached to any characters, but wouldn't tell me why. So, I took his advice and was entirely not surprised when the red wedding happened. I didn't stop reading or anything, but my friend said he didn't read it for almost a month after that scene ended in the book.

I just watched it and felt it ended kinda abruptly, feel like an extra 2 minutes of people milling around outside the castle or something would have been a smoother transition than just cutting to credits where it did.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

Leaked season 4 bonus footage featuring George R. R. Martin:
phpBB [video]
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

LoRdG0nZo wrote:Leaked season 4 bonus footage featuring George R. R. Martin:
phpBB [video]
Nooooo spoilers spoilers spoilers@@@@

I might just read the books though since I don't want to wait another year just to be pissed off again.
ImageImage
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

TheYonderGod wrote:I might just read the books though since I don't want to wait another year just to be pissed off again.
Instead you'll finish the books then have to way about 5 years for him to finish the next one :(
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Gwynzer wrote:
TheYonderGod wrote:I might just read the books though since I don't want to wait another year just to be pissed off again.
Instead you'll finish the books then have to way about 5 years for him to finish the next one :(
Whhhhaaat? I thought they were all done. I hate starting things I can't finish.
ImageImage
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

TheYonderGod wrote: Whhhhaaat? I thought they were all done. I hate starting things I can't finish.
:lol: :lol:
It could be worse, like the "Wheel of time" serie, where the author dies before finishing it (it gets finished by the amazing Brandon Sanderson though)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

game of simpsons

http://imgur.com/a/nwXOq
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Spoiler: show
As satisfying as that was, I think I might miss the bastard in a way.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

80s style GoT - http://imgur.com/a/l2fT5
Welcome Committee Member

matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

was surprised they did that this early in the season (bock's spoiler), but it was still satisfying.

from the episode names for the season I'm pretty excited for what we're gonna get down the road, especially in episode 8. been looking forward to what that episode will have in it since I finished reading the 3rd book.
episode 8 is titled "the mountain and the viper." those that read the books know exactly what this means, and know exactly how epic it will be.
much excite. such story. wow.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Yeah I've been wondering how they'd handle this season being so full of epic crap. Answer: continuously pour epic crap everywhere all over everything. This will probably be the best season of the series.
ImageImageImage
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Anyone read the scene from bocks spoiler recently?
I remember..
them having the banquet indoors and the mock jousting with pigs and dogs
but it was several years since I read the books last, so I might be totally of.
matsif wrote:from the episode names for the season I'm pretty excited for what we're gonna get down the road, especially in episode 8. been looking forward to what that episode will have in it since I finished reading the 3rd book.
Dam it, why did I read that, now I cant wait for May :wink: