And who are you, the proud lord said ... [GoT spoilers]

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: And who are you, the proud lord said ... [GoT spoilers]

Post by matsif »

something something
Spoiler: show
mammoths and giants
something something. episode lacked the character appeal of the battle on the blackwater in season 2 but was still well done. probably felt like something was missing because the characters up at the wall aren't nearly as interesting at this point until book 5, while in the blackwater episode in season 2 you got Peter Dinklage at least. Episode was epic for sure, but without some of the better dialogue characters to back up the carnage it felt a bit out of place.

With that over, we now hit the most boring book with book 4 (after next weeks wrap-up episode). Hopefully they do something interesting with some of the story changes they made, because book 4 was a drag while book 5 at least had some interesting points in it (despite both of them happening at the same time chronologically in the overall story).

Also, GRRM has stated that the show will probably require more than the signed on 7 seasons and possibly a movie to conclude. I doubt HBO will complain about more seasons considering the money they make on GoT alone. He also said that if you donate 20000 pounds/euros/dollars/whatever currency matches up to a charity thing he's doing, he'll put your name in a book yet to be released and kill you off in some gruesome fashion (along with some other stuff), but said reward will only be for 1 man and 1 woman.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Alternate Killshot:
phpBB [video]
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Kind of reminded me of the Barnes vs Elias scene from Platoon.
Only there it ended badly for the good guy.

phpBB [video]
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

RazY70 wrote:Kind of reminded me of the Barnes vs Elias scene from Platoon.
Only there it ended badly for the good guy.

phpBB [video]
better watch that than episode of got.
I love the teacher who punish by telling spoiler of got to the class.
he read the books...be wery afraid...wery.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Digz wrote: I love the teacher who punish by telling spoiler of got to the class.
he read the books...be wery afraid...wery.
This has to stop! :evil:
http://undergroundmgzn.com/2014/04/15/m ... -spoilers/
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hold the Door.... ;_;7
Image[/url]
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

What is thread may never die, but rise again, stronger

While the hodor reveal was interesting, I thought that whole last five minutes was awful. Summer and the last child of the forest both die to gain like 2 milliseconds of time for the others. The wolf going down instantly was almost painfully lame - yeah yeah summer gets killed by winter and this is GoT where cool characters get shitty deaths, but ugh. The suicide bomb seemed no more effective than just throwing the thing would have been. And then hodor holds the door - but so the frak what? There's a fraking river of zombies crawling ALL OVER that hill. He holds some of them inside for about 30 seconds, giving Meera time to drag Bran what, a hundred feet? In the snow? Leaving behind a giant trail that even a braindead zombie will be able to follow?

Hopefully this is all cleared up next episode somehow, but right now it seems like plot hole city.
ImageImageImage
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

StarfisherEcho wrote:What is thread may never die, but rise again, stronger

While the hodor reveal was interesting, I thought that whole last five minutes was awful. Summer and the last child of the forest both die to gain like 2 milliseconds of time for the others. The wolf going down instantly was almost painfully lame - yeah yeah summer gets killed by winter and this is GoT where cool characters get shitty deaths, but ugh. The suicide bomb seemed no more effective than just throwing the thing would have been. And then hodor holds the door - but so the frak what? There's a fraking river of zombies crawling ALL OVER that hill. He holds some of them inside for about 30 seconds, giving Meera time to drag Bran what, a hundred feet? In the snow? Leaving behind a giant trail that even a braindead zombie will be able to follow?

Hopefully this is all cleared up next episode somehow, but right now it seems like plot hole city.
DAMN IT, DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME.
Image[/url]
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

*still waiting until all book are written*
Not sure if Sanderson can finish this one as well 8) :roll:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I don't see the Hodor/Summer things happening in the books.

The direwolves are a Big Deal for the starks - I get Summer going, but not as just offhandedly like that, and for seemingly no reason, just dead cause wanna be dead.

And Hodor being Hold The Door. . . Get bent D&D, no fraking way, even if it's what'll happen in the books(which it's actually looking quite plausable), it was done so terribly it was laughable. What a way to go ffs.

Tbh although the season has been amazing so far, this latest episode felt super "fanfictiony". Random mentions of events happening all over the world, characters teleporting (littlefinger gets around, holy frak... the North is HUGE man, and that's not including getting the rest of the way across Westeros), characters doing stupid things (suicide grenade instead of throwing grenade. wat), super important flashbacks skimmed over.

And none of this is even mentioning how terrible the kingsmoot was. The Ironborn are pretty crap in general, their society is legitimately retarded in both the show and the book, but the way they were acting this episode brought it to a new level.

I figured they'd gotten the Dorne stuff over with in the first episode as a way to tie off all of the emerging plotlines because it was (rightly) so badly received last season, but after this episode I'm actually expecting to see some more of the BAD PUSSAYS, it looks like we're not completely away from the terrible writing parts of GoT!

Ending on a good note, I'm excited to see where this plotline goes:
phpBB [video]
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Reddit found this guy pretty much figured out Hodor's name 8 years ago: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/t ... nt-1236249.

DiscoSoup
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by DiscoSoup »

Next week's show is looking good.
phpBB [video]
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

rofl

The good guys in GoT used to die because it made sense. The last season and a half feels like now they're doing it because reasons™. Gotta keep being edgy because this is Game of Thrones; frak logic and good story.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Bock wrote:rofl

The good guys in GoT used to die because it made sense. The last season and a half feels like now they're doing it because reasons™. Gotta keep being edgy because this is Game of Thrones; frak logic and good story.
I hate all of you cynical bastards ruining this scene for me... but bock, it is nice to see your face again.
Image[/url]
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

k:Rose:

BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt