And who are you, the proud lord said ... [GoT spoilers]

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: And who are you, the proud lord said ... [GoT spoilers]

Post by haruky »

Bock wrote:k:Rose:

HOLY CRAP! THIS AVATAR! HAHHHA! I forgot this existed!! Oooh I'd love to put that as my avatar on here somehow..
Image[/url]
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I'm with you Bock. The books make all of the character deaths, good and bad, at least "fair" and they make sense. I've felt like a few times the "bad" guys are getting it too easy ("20 good men" rout half Stannis' army wtf).
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Gwynzer wrote:I'm with you Bock. The books make all of the character deaths, good and bad, at least "fair" and they make sense. I've felt like a few times the "bad" guys are getting it too easy ("20 good men" rout half Stannis' army wtf).
Well in total war it only takes one guy to do that, so I mean could be worse.

Also what deaths were unfair / over the top (TM) ? I don't recall any that didn't seem kind of logical.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Well, wow. Just wow. I have to say, I felt that the opening music didn't fit to begin with, but as the scene went on and on it started to meld extremely well. I was not expecting THAT (or that, or that, or THAT!)

The amazing thing is if you take a look at where we are compared to the books this season, not that much has actually happened. In the books they are setting up for the Battle of Winterfell, Jons revival, Danys capture my dothraki, the shutdown of the Sparrows, and Aryas return to Westeros. Also the Targeryan invasion, but that's Aegon instead of Dany, but they were setting that up too. Loads of the stuff that happened in the show, we should be seeing the novel versions of quite early in the book. Here's hoping it's released before Season 7!
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

Really good episode overall. Very satisfying. I can't decide if i like the meatpie scene more, or the king in the north.

I must say though, I'm getting more and more annoyed by everyone apparently gaining the ability to teleport if it fits the story (either that or they're just really bad at conveying how much time passed between scenes). I mean, Meereen is pretty far from Dorn and Varys made it there and back in seemingly no time at all. The Ironborn sailed three quarters across the world, while almost nothing happened in Kings Landing. Arya just appears in The Twins after we last saw her in Bravos two episodes ago. Bran made it back to the wall quick as frak after it took him more than a season to get where he started a couple of episodes ago, even though they're still at walking speed. Finally, Jaime takes an army back from the twins to Kings Landing in the time it took to crown Cersei after Tommens death, while the Sept is literally still burning.

Maybe I'm just bitter that they set Natalie Dormer on fire :evil:

Basterds
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Just finished watching S6. Chain watched most of it this weekend. Frikkin amazing.

Some of my highlights

Daenerys emerging from the burning building, having killed the Dothraki khal's.
HODOR. (the feels)
Tyrian kneeling before Daenerys
Stark feeding Bolton to the hounds.

Overall, a highly enjoyable, and very dramatic season. Looking forwards to Se7. Gonna be a bit chilly I think.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke