Cant play EF and AF with my second Account RESOLVED

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Dogma75

Cant play EF and AF with my second Account RESOLVED

Post by Dogma75 »

Hello Guys,

some Guys from here know it. I have created a second account. Big Prob is that i cant play the 2 booster packs with this account... :cry:

With my first account it works... 8O

somebody knows help?

cya
Last edited by Dogma75 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
sig made by Rob / thx bro
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

8O I didn't try myself, but shooting from the hip this sounds strage. I can't remember installing the 1. booster and registering it for a certain username

:idea: but it could be that I logged into that dld-thingie with a certain email address. I remember you had to give a different E-mail address for each user account -right? So it might be that the EA-right management system is checking for these E-mail addresses. I am sure there are newsgroups regarding this problem already, did you check within the EA forums?
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

EA/Gamespy use your account name to determine if you bought a Booster Pack or not (and are thus allowed to play it or not). Check with EA how you can change your Gamespy Username. They permit only a limited number of changes per month or at all.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Dogma75

Post by Dogma75 »

ph1l0r wrote:EA/Gamespy use your account name to determine if you bought a Booster Pack or not (and are thus allowed to play it or not). Check with EA how you can change your Gamespy Username. They permit only a limited number of changes per month or at all.
hmm changing the account name would be an idea but what is then with my old account?? then i cant play EF & Af with him??!!!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

You can only play with one account at the same time so EF and AF can be registered to only one account too (otherwise one guy would spend the money and a 2nd guy could be playing without buying it). Timtif posted link: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph ... aqid=11632 unfortunatly in a new thread instead of here.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Charger

Post by Charger »

When the Euro Booster Pack came out, you were allowed 3 times per week to switch.
I did find out that when I maxed out the switching on a tuesday, it was reset that Friday afternoon. The worse part is the 3 switches came right after I installed, during initial setup, which prevented me from playing the 1st 2 1/2 days I owned it.
I don't know if they consider a week from the 3rd switch or weekly, reset every Friday? Keep trying everyday until it works.
Dogma75

Post by Dogma75 »

thx a lot guys

I posted the prob in the EA UK Forum too. After a really short time I became a complete describtion from admin so that i could change the account....

but why for gods I have to change it everytime...EA couldnt do it more complicated....In WOW for example ya could use more chars too....The guys from EA and Dice dont think ahead...or look to right or left side