need for screenshot tool

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

sushi
Executive
Executive

need for screenshot tool

Post by sushi »

I do have Power DVD and was trying to make some screenshots for sig-building. Strange enough when importing into Mictosoft picture editor or photoshop I get black screens within the Power DVD window -meaning I am unable to display the content within the DVD-player in my screenshots.

What program should I use?
Leroy

Post by Leroy »

settings/player/advanced options, under snapshot select "capture to file", file format and destination, cap size and stuff

hth
Losin' all your highs and lows, Ain't it funny how the feelin' goes away?
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Or just use fraps to make a screenshot.
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

xfire's screendump aint to bad ctrl and s does it in game if xfire is running.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

I tried to take screenshots like that and also got blank screens. I believe it is some sort of copy protection that the movie players have to prevent screenshots.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Sushi,

Use Infranview32 version 4.0. It is free, and will open and edit almost any graphic file you can name as well as .wmv, .mpg, mp3, swf, fla, ect.

Google it to find a download link. By the way, this is a program written by one of your countrymen. i have been using it for years......you would be hard pressed to find another program, regardless of price that will do as much.

Winter.. :lol:
ImageImage
BlackOps_Book

Post by BlackOps_Book »

I too was gonna suggest Irfanview...It is very flexible...and easy to use...and free :)
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Try using the print screen button to take the screen shot, then go into your favorite image editor and paste it in - that works fairly often when others don't :)
Hi!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

thanks guys, using fraps atm which does the trick.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Goggles wrote:Try using the print screen button to take the screen shot, then go into your favorite image editor and paste it in - that works fairly often when others don't :)
That seems to be an ongoing problem these days. It doesn't work for me, and it used to.

Weird.......maybe one of the patches screwed the pooch in regards to that option.........I don't know.

Carry On!

Winter.......Out
ImageImage
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

omg... it's winter lion!! :D
Morph
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

name sounds familiar somehow ... :wink:
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

MorpheusPT wrote:omg... it's winter lion!! :D

Morph,
lol.........I get that same welcome a couple times a year around here. But never fear my friends........I will always be lurking somewhere nearby.

I am still waiting for TubeSteak to come back and relieve me.......haha........omg. I wonder how he's doing these days?

I miss him..........but that's correctable.........if I only had adjustable sights........lol... :P

Stand where you live with honor and duty.......It's all any of us have in the end...Image

Winter
ImageImage
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Winter_Lion wrote:
Goggles wrote:Try using the print screen button to take the screen shot, then go into your favorite image editor and paste it in - that works fairly often when others don't :)
That seems to be an ongoing problem these days. It doesn't work for me, and it used to.

Weird.......maybe one of the patches screwed the pooch in regards to that option.........I don't know.

Carry On!

Winter.......Out
hehe, yea actually it seems like it works sometimes but not always - silly BF2! Another problem being that you have to alt-tab out of the game to paste it; so I think "I'll do it when the round is over", and with my horrible memory I typically forget I ever took the shot.
Hi!
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

goggles wrote:hehe, yea actually it seems like it works sometimes but not always - silly BF2! Another problem being that you have to alt-tab out of the game to paste it; so I think "I'll do it when the round is over", and with my horrible memory I typically forget I ever took the shot.
That's another issue........I used to take the screenshot with my print screen button and BF would automatically paste them into the BF2 folder in MY DOCUMENTS inside a folder called "screenshots".

So it sounds like you only have half of the screenshot tool working when as you mentioned it works at all.

Freaking EA Games.............they have no pride in their work at all....makes me wince to think how much money they made off BF2's glitch ridden initial issue and the swollen, yet piss poor patches along the way.

Of course.......it could be something that was changed in DirectX updates during the same time frame........Microsoft is not above screwing up software and then issueing it to millions of innocent pc users worldwide.

:twisted: Ahhhhhhhh........Let's terminate the whole bunch and let Allah sort em out.!!!

Winter.........Out.
ImageImage