Bloody crashing )=|

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Rev

Bloody crashing )=|

Post by Rev »

Every time I've played bf2 (retail) it crashes after around 15 - 25mins of playing.

It installed fine, and runs good, but it'll crash (tried single player and lan game, but it'd probably happen over the internet). It either crashes to the desktop or restarts the computer or just locks.

It's bleeding annoying, I haven't even completed one round yet.

Specs;

AMD Athlon XP 2200+1.85GHz
Nvidia Geforce FX 5700
1gb RAM
Windows XP
Around 14gb free space on the Hard disk

I'm using the drivers that were on the game disk, but have tried previous ones, just get massive square shadows and it still locks )=\

Any one got any idea's?
Rev

Post by Rev »

Also, I run it on Mostly medium graphics, but with 100% view distance and high textures and high terrain (1024 x 768 resolution), gunna try changing it to medium graphics, see if it sorts it, but I doubt it.

Oh yea, this also happened on the demo after a few days of it running well - thought the retail version would run alright )=Z
Last edited by Rev on Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rev

Post by Rev »

Doesn't work when changed to medium graphics. (thats with 800 x 600)
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

there seems to be a crash to desktop problem with some linux servers
but after a couple of trys i usually find a server that dosnt crash my game.
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.
Rev

Post by Rev »

Seemed to work for a couple of hours non stop for my brother online, getting better ;)
Kampion

Post by Kampion »

I run BF2 on a 2.5 gig P4 and a GeForceFX 5700 Ultra card. I run with everything on low, view distance 100% and medium Texture at 1024X720. All of the effects are shut off. It runs very smooth at these settings and no crashing.

The 5700 card is the minimum recommended so I imagine running everything on medium could create a problem.
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

I think the game is just screwy, I've had the problem myself too, just spontaneous crashings, and most of my specs are above the minimum.
You'd better hope you're faster than the wind...for I am what drives the bullet into your skull unaware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

Works fine on both my mid-spec machines so far, never crashed yet (fingers crossed). A clean well maintained machine always helps aswell.
Stirring it up since WAW #1
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Yeah, I havn't had any crashes yet, either.

--------------------------------------------------------
P4 3.4ghz\HT\Dual core\2 meg cache\1066mhz FSB

1 gig DDR2 Ram 533mhz x two

Nvidea O/C 6800\256megs on PCI-E bus

Creative Audigy 2 NX

2 x 160 gig Serial ATA WD hard drives 7200rpm, Stripe(performance)

Windows XP Media edition 2005 OS

LiteOn DVD burner,16x, dual layer, 8.5 gig capable

Sony 16x DVD drive

Logitech multi media keyboard

Razer Diamondback gamers mouse

6 meg down\ 1 meg up cable modem hardwired to gbit net card

19" flat panel monitor at 1280 x 1024 dpi at 75 refresh rate

All settings in video setup are high, except for lighting which is at medium. Sound card is set at hardware setting-medium, so I can hear em sneaking up behind me. Connection setting is set at lowest and is the best setup regardless of your ISP speed.

Plays perfectly, even when playing with 50 guys online. Wow!
ImageImage
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

I haven't had crashing issues but I'm being plagued by connection issues. Iv'e heard that some are having difficulties due of firewalls. I'm still looking into this one. Maybe they are connected (excuse the pun).
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

I've had to install it three times so far, for separate non-important reasons not relating to it, itself, but I've noticed, I've crashed on the first game I've played every time, and then it stops, mighty wierd.
You'd better hope you're faster than the wind...for I am what drives the bullet into your skull unaware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Rickey

Post by Rickey »

I've got connection issues out the ass, and not a lot of crashing, but enough that it's starting to annoy me...seriously. I think the connection stuff is because of EA trying to monopolize every aspect of getting into multiplayer...I think my crashing is related to the connection stuff...for some reason. If the server is really choppy, that's when I tend to crash...hmmmmm.