Punkbuster's always been a Bitch

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

DeJaPu

Punkbuster's always been a Bitch

Post by DeJaPu »

Installed the 1.21 patch and joined the server today, it runs fine for about 1-2 minutes, then Punkbuster kicks me:

first for:
"RESTRICTION: Multiple Direct3d Detected!"

then when i rejoin for:
"RESTRICTION: Unknown Windows API Error: [131133]"

then i got the first one after being kicked a 3rd time

anybody know what the hell that's about or experiencing the same thing?
Charger

Post by Charger »

I had similar problems with an older patch. I re-updated punkbuster, even though it already was up to date. It cleared the problem then.
Give it a try.
PeterJennings

Post by PeterJennings »

I was getting "RESTRICTION: Unknown Windows API Error: [131133]" while using VoiceOverlay to be able to see who was talking on teamspeak. Disabling it solved that problem, but it also meant that I had no idea who was talking. I used to be able to use voice overlay, patch 1.21 broke it :(

Edit: Oh, and the Direct3D error happens to me when I use Teamspeak Overlay. I gave up trying to deal with that.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

This is why I invested in a Logitech G15 keyboard. Theres a plugin for the on-keyboard LCD screen that works even better than Overlay (it shows people talking via channel commander) and doesnt come close to triggering PB. May not be worth $60-100 USD (depending on where you get it) for most folks, though.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
DeJaPu

Post by DeJaPu »

PeterJennings wrote:I was getting "RESTRICTION: Unknown Windows API Error: [131133]" while using VoiceOverlay to be able to see who was talking on teamspeak. Disabling it solved that problem, but it also meant that I had no idea who was talking. I used to be able to use voice overlay, patch 1.21 broke it :(

Edit: Oh, and the Direct3D error happens to me when I use Teamspeak Overlay. I gave up trying to deal with that.
Whats the difference between TS overlay and VoiceOverlay?
I was using voice overlay.. guess that was it?
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

DeJaePu wrote:Whats the difference between TS overlay and VoiceOverlay?
I was using voice overlay.. guess that was it?
Two names for the same thing, I think...
DeJaPu

Post by DeJaPu »

then i guess 1.21 just broke it...

but what peter said didnt make any sense.. he said the same thing twice but like two different people,
PeterJennings

Post by PeterJennings »

Well, they aren't the same. There's Teamspeak Overlay: http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/
And there's VoiceOverlay: http://halb.servercamp.de/proggi/VoiceO ... ome_en.php

TSO doesn't kick me off anymore, but it also doesn't show anything when somebody talks anymore, so that doesn't help much.
VoiceOverlay works, but kicks you... somebody in the VoiceOverlay forums said to disable the ATI/nVidia taskbar icon, and that should fix the problem. I haven't tried it, but people said it worked, so I'll do that next time we have a battle.
DeJaPu

Post by DeJaPu »

ah ok thanks Peter!
Tauzer

Post by Tauzer »

PeterJennings wrote:Well, they aren't the same. There's Teamspeak Overlay: http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/
.de/proggi/VoiceOverlay/home_en.php[/url]

TSO doesn't kick me off anymore, but it also doesn't show anything when somebody talks anymore, so that doesn't help much.
TSO working like a charm..maybe you must reinstall TS/TSO...only one thing..occasionaly..when I Alt+Tab....TSO will crash my BF2..overall nice tool...I know who is talking..without buying expensive G15 keyborad :wink:
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

I got the G15 for other reasons, too, but the app is a definite side benefit. I just wish BF2 would throw some official support for the screen in-game in the next major patch.