EA Downloader Problems [RESOLVED]

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Phoenix012

EA Downloader Problems [RESOLVED]

Post by Phoenix012 »

Alright I have searched every single tech support source on the EA downloader known to man, and I still have not found the source of my problem, but I figured I would mention it here anyways.

I have bought AF. I downloaded and installed the downloader. As soon as it tries to open i get a blank screen in the window with no error message or any indication of any kind as to why nothing is appearing in the window.

Things I am certain are NOT the problem
1. It's not a firewall or anti-virus or any other background task. I booted the computer in selective start up mode with nothing but Windows running and it still didn't work
2. It's not IE7 as I don't have IE7.
3. It's not a corrupted file, as I've redownloaded and reinstalled the program several times now.
4. I don't think its an EA server problem, as everything else at EA seems to be working.

Any ideas?
FakeHealer

Re: EA Downloader Problems

Post by FakeHealer »

Hi,
Phoenix012 wrote: I have bought AF. I downloaded and installed the downloader. As soon as it tries to open i get a blank screen in the window with no error message or any indication of any kind as to why nothing is appearing in the window.
Maybe this helps:

Keep your Computer running at least for 20 Minutes while having a black screen.

I had similar experiences while starting BF2 after patching.
Maybe it does some system tests and writes config files at first start. This could take very long if you have few memory. (Patches after mem upgrade are beautifully fast.)

Other thing was while patching the game: it took very long to unzip those patches and installation.
Maybe with no entry at process list in task manager or eccessive processor load (nearly null).

Yours

Fake
Last edited by FakeHealer on Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix012

Post by Phoenix012 »

alright, I found the problem. Apprently someone accidentally reenabled the stupid IE content advisor, which was blocking the EA dl'er for whatever reason. I disabled it and its working fine.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Phoenix012 wrote:... someone ...
LoL, glad you got it working.

[RESOLVED] added