Mouse problem

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Charger

Post by Charger »

I have had this exact problem w/ my last two Dell Laptops (Inspiron and Latitude). It is on the forums at dell, so we're not alone. I did notice it never happened on the second laptop until I had been online. This makes me think it is Black-Hat related (Gov't or MS maybe too). Dell has no answers either.
Never heard it happen to a desktop, your's is the first.
tvuk

Post by tvuk »

Odd, I have that problem with my Dell laptop as well, but since I don't play on it (I use it mostly for e-mail and text editing) I've been ignoring this particular problem. And it only started after I reinstalled windows about a year ago.
C1: @x1-tvuk|ObLt.GR_______C2: @2-Hptm.tvuk|GT
C3: @3-Gen.tvuk___________C4: @4-SCA.tvuk
C5: 5A|1|Pfc|tvuk*|AR
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Yday i bought Logitech MX518
i needed the extra money so i didnt go for G5 :P

i can say its awesome. i prefer them from Razer....i like their shape better.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
tvuk

Post by tvuk »

I have an old MX500 bought about 2 years ago and it's working flawlessly. Actualy I preffer the MX500 series over the G5 because it has 2 thumb buttons compared to 1 on G5 (I use those exclusively for teamspeak, so 2 buttons come in handy - 1 for normal chat and the other for channel commander).
deathbot9000

Post by deathbot9000 »

tvuk wrote:I have an old MX500 bought about 2 years ago and it's working flawlessly. Actualy I preffer the MX500 series over the G5 because it has 2 thumb buttons compared to 1 on G5 (I use those exclusively for teamspeak, so 2 buttons come in handy - 1 for normal chat and the other for channel commander).
ding!

I don't know how any mouse manufacturer can make a mouse these days w/ less than 5 usable buttons. that dog won't hunt!
EliteSoldier0

Post by EliteSoldier0 »

So today I went to the local computer store. I asked him for a good quality gaming mouse. He told me that wireless isn't good for gaming, get one with a wire. And if possible get a laser mouse, but it's quite expensive compared to normal mouses. He also said that I shouldn't buy one in his store (I thank him for his honesty :D) and that I should check logitech.be. After surfing arround a bit on the site, I decided that I want the "Logitech® G5 Laser Mouse" with a price of 79.99€ It seems like a very good mouse and after I read some reply's of you guys, it really gave the breakthrough, I'll go get it :wink: I'll just have to experiment with those weights a little :P

Thx for all your help and cu on the battlefield.
----- Campaign 2 [EC] -----
Image Image Image Image Image Image
----- Campaign 1 [US] -----
Click on image for stats.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

deathbot9000 wrote:
tvuk wrote:I have an old MX500 bought about 2 years ago and it's working flawlessly. Actualy I preffer the MX500 series over the G5 because it has 2 thumb buttons compared to 1 on G5 (I use those exclusively for teamspeak, so 2 buttons come in handy - 1 for normal chat and the other for channel commander).
ding!

I don't know how any mouse manufacturer can make a mouse these days w/ less than 5 usable buttons. that dog won't hunt!
he means the side buttons, the ones u press with ur thumb.

thx for the idea tvuk...i was wondering what to do with the second (the first is used for proning) :D

*EDIT* how do u actually put those thumbs buttons....? i go to TS and try to set those keys but when i click nothing happens :(
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Any one use cordless mouse? Torn between the mx518 and the mx1000...
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
ColonelHogan

Post by ColonelHogan »

The thing I like about the G5 is the adjustable sensitivity on the mouse, I can turn it up when I'm just doing stuff on desktop and way down once I'm ready to play.
deathbot9000

Post by deathbot9000 »

Mat-d-rat wrote:Any one use cordless mouse? Torn between the mx518 and the mx1000...
the 518 isn't cordless. I have one and I love it. prior to this mouse I used MS opticals exclusively (tried a few logitechs but they never felt right). This is by far the best mouse I've ever used....once I got used to the grip.

the on the fly adjustable sensitivity is great for gaming. dropping down to 400 is really great for sniping and being able to shoot up to 1600 is great for tanking.
tvuk

Post by tvuk »

Mat-d-rat wrote:Any one use cordless mouse? Torn between the mx518 and the mx1000...
MX1000 sucks, it's just not suitable for gaming. If you need a wireless mouse get the G7 or MX700 (not sure if this one can be found).
deathbot9000

Post by deathbot9000 »

SiL3nT_BoB wrote:
deathbot9000 wrote:
ding!

thx for the idea tvuk...i was wondering what to do with the second (the first is used for proning) :D

*EDIT* how do u actually put those thumbs buttons....? i go to TS and try to set those keys but when i click nothing happens :(
yeah, so do I. I don't see how anyone can make a mouse w/o 2 thumb buttons (2 thumbs plus the 2 finger and the 1 wheel = 5 buttons).

I use my thumb buttons for my primary (3) and secondary (2) weapon and the button for my grenades/RPG/etc.
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

I know the 518 is not cordless... Just wonderd if anyone does use a cordless mouse, if so which one and is it any good? mx518 is top for me at the moment, but if I can get a good reliable cordless one (which is good for gaming) then I can be tempted! I do use a cordless joystick at the moment and have no issue with that one:)
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Bully

Post by Bully »

back to the original topic:

this is defniatly a DELL-problem, i had the same issue on a dell-desktop.
i changed the USB-port of the mouse and installed a new standard driver for it, problem was gone..

at Dell nobody was able to help before.. :roll:
Actual Campaign Ribbons:

C6 Image
C5 Image
C4 Image
C3 Image
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

deathbot9000 wrote:
SiL3nT_BoB wrote:
deathbot9000 wrote: ding!

yeah, so do I. I don't see how anyone can make a mouse w/o 2 thumb buttons (2 thumbs plus the 2 finger and the 1 wheel = 5 buttons).

I use my thumb buttons for my primary (3) and secondary (2) weapon and the button for my grenades/RPG/etc.
well most mice are without 2 thumb buttons or at least with 1.

TV help me with that TS thing and those thumb buttons :P plss
Welcome Committee Member