Sound Issue

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Kevanova2005

Sound Issue

Post by Kevanova2005 »

Ok guys not sure if this is specific to BF2 but it only happens when i have TS open. Someone can be speaking and then my sound will stop completely (game and TS) and picks up after a few seconds.

Any ideas ?
PeterJennings

Post by PeterJennings »

update your sound card driver, make sure that you dont have anything sucking up CPU time while playing BF2. check if it happens in guild wars, too, to see if its bf2 or TS that's messing things up
Kevanova2005

Post by Kevanova2005 »

Happens in both, more in Guild Wars tho ...

I checked my settings and my CPU is 58% in use and it's doing it
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Kevanova2005 wrote:Happens in both, more in Guild Wars tho ...

I checked my settings and my CPU is 58% in use and it's doing it
Well, if it happens more in Guild Wars than BF2 then I'd imagine that it was CPU related as PeterJennings mentioned. I have noticed that in Guild Wars my CPU usage is always 100%, and everyone I have asked has also noticed that their CPU usage in that game is at 100% too. BF2 seems to use less CPU though...
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
zyphlus

Post by zyphlus »

i had this problem with my audigy Creative 2 Zs gamer Card Really bad sometimes. I tried 3-4 different drivers including a couple of betas... but nothing the patch before 1.3 made it really bad and it's native in the BF2 program.

My solve dumped Card and use Asus A8n Native sound handle it. I get some odd noise behavior once and a while but no bad freezes.
Zyphlus Pronounced Syphlius with a Z
The following graphic is mine