Firefox not working(resolved)

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

madcow
Executive
Executive

Firefox not working(resolved)

Post by madcow »

Yesterday after playing BF2 I clicked on my Firefox start icon and nothing happened. I opened task manager and it wasn't running so I clicked the icon again and the process appeared and then disappeared straight away. Firefox was working fine before I played BF2 and I hadn't installed anything new either.

I thought that perhaps it might work after a reboot but today I am having the same issues and it still doesn't work. Mozilla still works fine though and I am unsure what is wrong. Any ideas?
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but before I ran BF2 I had downloaded the NAW stand-alone mod with Firefox and it had corrupted some of the files in the download. I just finished downloading the file again with Mozilla and it isn't corrupted.

Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Just uninstall Firefox and reinstall it with a fresh download from Mozilla, madcow. That's the fastest, easiest and most quality conscious way to fix most all software problems these days. Especially browsers, which are small in size, easy to damage and so important to your internet security.

That is just what I would do of course, but it works for me and I spend less time trying to figure out glitches and bugs that after spending too much time on them, I end up never seeing that problem again.

Why waste your life on such frustrating stuff anyways my friend?

Winter :D
ImageImage
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

That's what I did Winter, I was just seeing if anyone had any thoughts on what the problem might have been as I found it rather curious.

Anyway, guess you could stick [Resolved] on the end of the title...

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Programs not running is one of many common symptom of spyware/virus infections. Not that you have one, still something to think/scan about.