Flight Stick

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Gravis

Flight Stick

Post by Gravis »

I'm looking for a good flight stick, and i found a nice site called joystickreview.com and thier top of the charts was the Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro Joystick, They also have a shock version of this.

I'm just wanting opinons right now
The stick above i can get for $40 after shipping, if anyone as any other suggestions please post em here.

http://www.joystickreview.com/thrustmas ... ystick.asp
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

For BF2, everyone that I have asked has said nix the stick and use the keyboard. Not enough airspace, faster manuevers and chopper service seem to be the biggest reasons given.

Winter :D
ImageImage
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

I currently fly with keyboard and mouse.

When flying jet i can make a smooth continuious turn i get stuttered movement and alot of times i lose my target because they can out manuver me. (sensitivty is already at 10)

For chopper, i mainly want the throttle control. I can fly the chopper well enough with keyboard and mouse, but i would loke more control over my speed other than stop and go :)
jacobslight

Re: Flight Stick

Post by jacobslight »

Gravis wrote:I'm looking for a good flight stick, and i found a nice site called joystickreview.com and thier top of the charts was the Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro Joystick, They also have a shock version of this.
I used that joystick (well the previous version, this version is almost the same) for years. I loved it.

I upgraded a while ago, to the Saitek X-45. It is a much better joystick. They have a newer version out now, the X-54. I haven't used that one. But since the X-45 is out, do a search, and see if anyone still has a X-45. IF they do, I'd get it, if you can get it for close to the same price (I bet, if you find one, it will be).

I love the separate throttle.rudder bar. I use it to control boats/land vehicles. It is great, variable speed control for the tanks .. I couldn't love without it now.

JacobsLight
GC World of Warcraft Guild Leader

Col. U.S. Forces, BF2 campaign 1
Image Image

Webmaster GC WOW Guild web page ..
http://wow.global-conflict.org
syL

Re: Flight Stick

Post by syL »

jacobslight wrote: I couldn't love without it now.

JacobsLight
I'd like to hear the female of your house on that one ;)
Last edited by syL on Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dedicated to the Steelworkers of America. Keep reaching for that rainbow!
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

AVoid the microsoft USB sticks. No support from microsoft and only sensitivity or endpoint adjustments better be in the game you play or you dont get any. Bought a new stick from them last year and within 4 months microsoft posted a notice saying they would no longer support any problems or whatever experienced by gamers, period.

Last time they made a flight stick software cd was the version for win98 and its worthless for xp. Bill gates is gay and must be from TExas. :oops:

hmmmm...............wonder if Colonel Hogan knows?

Winter :roll:
ImageImage
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Personnaly, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, its not very expensive and work very well.

In BF2 I use my joystick sometimes when I fly jets. For choppers I use the mouse ;)
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

I also use the Saitek X-45, great stick. It has over 300 possible funtions. It is built like abrick shithouse too, I threw mine against the wall once full force and it never missed a beat. (don't ask :roll: )

It is the best flight stick out there and I think you can get one for $70 bucks.

It does require some programing setup for each game but the software it comes with is pretty easy to use.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

I don't like the idea of the throttle on a seperate base, thats just me though :).. Plus im cheap.