No cursor in commander mode[Mystically RESOLVED]

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Cheesy
Executive
Executive

No cursor in commander mode[Mystically RESOLVED]

Post by Cheesy »

This is a really weird bug, and I haven't found a single other person with it on TotalBF2 or PlanetBattlefield. So now I'll try GC :)

It's pretty simple--when I enter commander mode, I have no cursor. So, I can't call arty or UAVs or anything. I can't even move around the map. It still knows my mouse is there, because I can zoom in with the scroll wheel.

I had this problem a little while before and then it randomly went away. It randomly came back yesterday when I was supposed to be commanding, so I had to make DeJa ingame commander while I gave orders, which wasn't much fun for each of us.

Any idea why this would happen?
BinaryRhyme

Post by BinaryRhyme »

I often get the problem of no cursor - in Commander and in the Menus - but I think it is because I have dual monitors - and the cursor is in the 2nd monitor but hidden for some reason.

I ususally have to minimie bf2 and max it again, and it comes back.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

Not sure if BF2 has this, but check options for hardware and software mouse and try switching between em
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

I haven't played in commander modus yet, so I am the last person to give clever advice on this topic, but when I access the ingame menue like the squad menues and squad view of each battle zone I often have to hit the right mouse button to get my mouse visible on these menues. Perhaps this works for you as well :roll:
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

If you're pushing Caps Lock to bring up commander screen, trying pushing one of these keys: Home, End, Delete, Insert. One of those brings up squad/commander screen, another brings up console, and I dont remember what the others do. Just try it out...Something might happen :? .
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

The mouse was back on Sunday. Don't know what changed. I tried restarting the whole comp on Saturday and that didn't do it.
sledgehammer

Post by sledgehammer »

Sometimes if your using the sniper kit ( And I have tested this )....If you use your sniper rifle and zoom in...then resume commanding...You can get quite the impressive EXTRA zoom =-)

Try it.
Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible.
- Stanislaw Lem