Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Do free online scans at

www.antivirus.com
www.ravantivirus.com
www.pandasoftware.com
www.symantec.com

I have yet to see any antivirus catch everything once a foothold has been established. Usually getting a 2nd, 3rd and 4th scan will catch additional items.
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

Well I just had the lovely experience of building a desk and setting up the room and moving my computer to it... Now it reboots quickly after I get to desktop and my programs start initializing... What the hell is wrong with my hardware. :evil: :evil: :evil:
If I were to list out all of my names/ranks from all campaigns there would be complaints that my sig was too long. Suffice to say I've held 1 of each rank at least once.

Ya know? Common sense? Not that common...
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

Turns out it was some IP glitch, I unplugged my internet connection and it stopped occuring... Needless to say, I'm reformatting now.
If I were to list out all of my names/ranks from all campaigns there would be complaints that my sig was too long. Suffice to say I've held 1 of each rank at least once.

sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Ahhhh the beauty of reformating, don't you hate it if you have to do it. Bro I am feeling with you.
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

Well reformatting is now complete...

Unfortunately it does not seem to have solved all of my woes.

Now upon joining a game before I can finish connecting I get disconnected two thirds of the time and the other third I can successfully join only to soon be disconnected.

Archangel

Post by Archangel »

Just finished reinstalling BF2 and then got in the game for about 15 minutes before it froze the comp.

BF2 is not turning out to be my game.

ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

You probably get disconnected due to punkbuster issues then. Go to www.evenbalance.com and get the pbweb app. save to pb folder and run.

If things work for some time then crash it's very very likely to be a thermal problem. Something is getting to hot in your PC. You might try to exchange your Power Supply to see if it causes problems. I had that also on PCs that crashed after some minutes of higher load.

Hope that helps.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
tripleX

Post by tripleX »

More thoughts. PLay with only one stick of ram. Uninstall and take out your soundcard. Disable onboard sound.

Yeah and make sure it's not a thermal problem.

Test with another similarly intensive game to check this.

Also does it crash in single player? Max out bots/AI settings and play for 1/2 hour.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Sell you my comp cheap! It works with BF2!
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

Well I am really at a loss, I've done everything. I've reinstalled BF2 a multitude of times as well as reformatted. I just got done playing the new Call of Duty 2 demo as well as playing a full game of BF2 single player at expert level. I just can't see it being a thermal problem with these things working out just fine.

I've downloaded all there is from the punkbuster guys.

I tried again, and it lets me play for a few minutes but then locks up my computer with only a sound byte, the last sound played, plays over and over again.

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Then try removing the sound card. Or completely disabling it in the bios if its onboard. Rule out the sound completely.
tripleX

Post by tripleX »

Yeah take out soundcard. Uninstall it. Turn off onboard sound. TAke your router out of your network setup and connect directly to your cable modem. Use one stick of ram. Try both one at a time.

Turn off Windows firewall and antivirus.

The basic philosophyis reduce your pc to the simplest setup needed to play the game and then test.

What O/S are you running? It's not 2000 or windows 64 bit or anything is it?

You could try to swap in a new NIC card and turning off your onboard NIC.

What motherboard do you have?

IT does sound weird that you're running 333 mhz ram with your cpu. That probably means it's running alot slower than it could be.

What kind of 3500 cpu do you have? Socket 939? or 754? What's the core? There's alot of memory incompatibilites with early model amd 64 motherboards.

Since it sounds like you havea bud who plays bf2 then maybe you're the position to borrow some of his parts to swap in and out to try and trace down the problem with your machine.
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

It looks like its definetly my Audigy Gamer, and it was such a good card too.

I got the onboard sound up and running, it seems to lag a bit because of it though.

But everything seems okay so far :D

Thanks guys, you all have helped alot