Patch Troubles

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Gravis

Patch Troubles

Post by Gravis »

after i put the patch on after isntalling special forces the game refuses to run. any of you have this similar problem...

Everything works fine before i patch to 1.2, but after the bf2.exe runs and takes up resources but nothing happens

Edit:
Im just stuck at windows... Right now bf2.exe is running and im still able to type here lol
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Maybe the 1.2 is a bad download. Try downloading a fresh copy direct from EA or a different source. How much hard drivespace do you have left?
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

i was able to play with the patch installed before i installed bf2:sf...
I have 8gb free on the drive that bf2 is installed on.

and i have downloaded and installed the patch twice (both from fileplanet) but since it worked before SF i dunno lol... ill try another source

The ea forums are next to useless also.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

well it looks like im screwed lol.... Ive gone through 3 reinstalls and 4 different patch downloads and i am still unable to play SF with the new patch installed... It works fine without the patch....
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Mh. You need to install bf2, then special forces and after all that the 1.12 patch. it's 280mb huge.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Do a clean install. Completely uninstal it all first, then delete the directories. Then download the patch from EA and not Fileplanet, then sacrifice a couple furry animails and then install.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

ive uninstalled a few times but didnt delete directories and tried different drives... but ill try your way tomorrow... im about to go kill rag :)
DeJaPu

Post by DeJaPu »

1.12 funked me up bad.. (i don't have SF) when i first installed it i got a bad texture/texture not found error message... so i reinstalled and realized i didn't have my cdkey, it was at the other house, so like 3 weeks go by, and i get it, i reinstall , it sems to work , but when i try to patch it to 1.12 (ive tried three seperate files, from three seperate websites) and they all say "you don't have enough space on your hardrive to update your game, blah blah blah, you need at least 3000mb to update your game" i have 50+gb free on that drive... I've reinstalled/restarted at least 3 times now.. totally funked... god damn you EA, god damn you.
Leroy

Post by Leroy »

u need free space on drive where sys/user temp dir is (default C), so either free some on C or change sys/user temp dir in enviromental variables settings
Losin' all your highs and lows, Ain't it funny how the feelin' goes away?
DeJaPu

Post by DeJaPu »

where is this enviornmental variables setting?

(my C drive is full, 50 out of 80 gigs because of this stupid DV video of my vacations to europe almost two years ago.. i don't have the time or patience to edit it down to DVD size.. i don't know if i'll ever get rid of it... 50 freakin gb)
Leroy

Post by Leroy »

create some dir on desired drive (with free space ;)) eg d:\tEmP

system properties (right mouse on my comp/properties), advanced tab, bottom

change next items (edit path to new dir, eg d:\tEmP):
-user variables: both for temp and tmp
-sys variables: both temp and tmp

dont mess with other stuff

ive changed my, running without probs, not that i had any probs before :)

edit: its logical, but here it goes, dont make that dir on removable drive ;)
Losin' all your highs and lows, Ain't it funny how the feelin' goes away?
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

I had to install the patch twice before and after installing the SF addon.

check out this thread

moved to Help forum btw
DeJaPu

Post by DeJaPu »

yeah ok it's working again,thanks leroy, who knows for how long? where and when's the cheapest i can get SF?