2142 Beta Reopened

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

considering the likes of quake wars and crysis r coming out, i think the battlefiend series has a limited life span.

bf2 was just perfect for me, modern weapons, online play, easy to pick up and enjoy. but so far in 2142 i dont like the way anything feels. The guns feel like toys, the gameplay is exactly the same, i just dont see anything new.

I flew a plane type thingy, it was insanly easy to fly. It didnt feel like i was in the air, it felt like i was playing an arcade game.

I hope im wrong, it has been known to happen once or twice :)
IM 1337! Y0UR A N()()B!!!!!

C6 =ImageC5 =Image C4 =Image C3 = Image
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

The titan cannons blow. I had to shoot a tank 5 or 6 times in the top of the turret to kill it. I would have been better off podding down behind it and shooting it in the ass with an AT missile.

Tanks, be aware, there ARE weak points, and its very easy to one-shot a tank.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

to each his own i suppose... Ive logged 20 hours with it and i love it....

The planes are like a mix of helo and plane... you can hover and fly and they have dumbfire heat seekers (no lock on required)...

Cannon strength will probably be upped before release
gribble

Post by gribble »

some weird bug we encounter yesterday. The round was like 1mins old and suddenly or titan' hull went down in about 10seconds, the 4 pads are gone in another seconds and 5 seconds later we lost the round.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

they glitched into the titan..

Prone on the shield and try to enter one of their planes... then get out and walk backwards against walls to kinda go through them then own because they cant get to you while the doors are closed and you are in the core room..
Redman

Post by Redman »

I wanted to try the Beta but since I will not pay for account I will just have to listen to what you guys are saying. :roll:
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

A8YP-GSPZ-JE8V-YDWQ

username: DaxInside
password: dizzy999

it really is that bad.

anjoy.

gribble

Post by gribble »

that will not help. since you need an internet connection to install the key can only be used one time.
Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

ah well. it worked for CoH :) i like to share :)

Dogma75

Post by Dogma75 »

Dax_inside wrote:ah well. it worked for CoH :) i like to share :)
yeah it worked. Thx bro :D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
sig made by Rob / thx bro
Interfusi0n

Post by Interfusi0n »

Dax_inside wrote:bf2 was just perfect for me, modern weapons, online play, easy to pick up and enjoy. but so far in 2142 i dont like the way anything feels. The guns feel like toys, the gameplay is exactly the same, i just dont see anything new.
The guns in BF2 don't fire like real guns either, IMO. Outsniping an M95 is a good example of that. In regards to gameplay, the drop pods and unlockable equipment along with the new game mode add some depth to the game from what I can see. Active camo is pretty damn cool. Also with shorter death durations, you won't see as much medic whoring in 2142.
I flew a plane type thingy, it was insanly easy to fly. It didnt feel like i was in the air, it felt like i was playing an arcade game.
I'll give you that one. They made the flying so easy that it appears to be impossible to do any cool maneuvers. Of course flying in BF2 is also arcade like with some realistic physics.
I hope im wrong, it has been known to happen once or twice :)
Well the things you've mentioned are true: weapons and flight are unrealistic and the core gameplay of infantry combat remains the same. The main reason I would consider buying 2142 is that I like the way BF2 plays(mostly) but am tired of the BF2 maps and settings.
WoodenPlank wrote:The titan cannons blow. I had to shoot a tank 5 or 6 times in the top of the turret to kill it. I would have been better off podding down behind it and shooting it in the ass with an AT missile.
Well consider how many firing positions the titan has. Fire once, switch seats, fire again. You don't have to wait on reload like that. Or even better, have other teammates manning those other cannons and you will bring a tank down in seconds.
Also be aware of their countermeasures; It seems that a lot of vehicles can activate a temporary invulnerability shield.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

The titan cannons turn so slowly that if the tank is moving at all its near impossible to use multiple cannons to speed up the process. Even then theyre near uesless.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

WoodenPlank wrote:The titan cannons turn so slowly that if the tank is moving at all its near impossible to use multiple cannons to speed up the process. Even then theyre near uesless.

Also the cannons were made almost specifically to take out apcs to prevent them from boarding your titan
Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

good points interfusions.

Like i say, i hope im wrong.

bf2 was about as 'arcadey' as i like my games to be. My norm is the ghost recon/rainbow 6 series of games but bf2 just struck a cord with me.

I cant see 2142 doing the same.