Euro Server Downtime / Updated Again

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

Linux is just konsole based so everything is down with commands which i think is easier.

i think the vmware is not talking to the dummy client that is setup and no information is being exchanged?
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

VmWare ain't the problem. Routing is. All traffic comes (and goes) through eth0 which has a normal ip address. I can bridge vmware network interfaces (used inside guests) to eth0 buuut no traffic will flow since outgoing traffic will use the guests network interface MacID (which is blocked). To get past this limitation the host has to do the routing (so all traffic again has mac id from eth0 which passes). Million Dollar question now. How do I setup stuff (with or without dummy interface) so that traffic directed at a guest ending up at eth0 gets forwarded to it (guest has a real internet ip address as well. no nat or anything needed).
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

VM uses a virtual network for its VM servers so you can create a few of them. The trick is having the network config know you will have more than one subnet on a net card. It also uses virtual mac addresses. Are you using VMWare or the Microsoft VM?
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

updated.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

well done phil!

USER UPDATE: the server worked like a dream :P
Magrioteli

Post by Magrioteli »

SUPR3 wrote:well done phil!

USER UPDATE: the server worked like a dream :P
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Made unsticky.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
MasterOhh

Post by MasterOhh »

The EU server is running smooth now, but a lot of the euro players suddenly had extremly high pings on the NA server. My ping was at 300, usualy it is around 130- 150 on the NA server.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

yeah, i've seen some weird stuff on that NA server, i've seen german people with regular pings (legio, for instance) but endstille and masterohh and some other germans had over 300...
Morph
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

NA server, we seem to be always chasing that perfect server dream. Catch it for a few months and then it degrades to the point we start looking elsewhere.

If some euros are unchanged and other euros are seeing pings doubled, its prolly a routing issue. The internet is always changing and maybe its time we start exploring a new provider.

I'd have to say the NA server feels sluggish when I'm flying a jet or helo. Over all its visually smooth, but the reaction to the controls seem delayed. But I've been playing clientside with the BF2 latency extrapolate and interpolate numbers and havent tried it at its defaults. I know that the NA server is unforgiving when I push the numbers down while other servers it glides like ice.