Tuesday 8 Jan 08 - POE2 Modded Map Testing

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

2. Remove folder gcmod
3. Install Fishy "Fixedinstaller" to the new folder gcmod.

ok for a real stupid one...
if I removed gcmod folder do I have to create a new GCmod folder
or
just remove it and install fixedinstaller to mods so it creates a new gcmod folder by itself
?
Don't know, can be that I missed a post some where :P

I had patched to 2.1 ( poe ) and deleted former gcmod before I let fixedinstaller do his work at bf2/ mods.
I have ctd and some of the map folders ( at gcmod/levels ) have info and the client - serer zips but other maps have files and folders inside.

edit
ok those files and folders are the ones who belong into the server and client zips ... try and pack them into new zips ( realy don't know if I start it today :roll: )
edit 2
never mind, highwaytohell is on and map folder has the right zips... guess...ctd
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

yeah take the gcmod folder out and the installer will instal that folder again.

The EU server seems to be down and am still working on the NA server to get maps runnning as they dont seem to work there but do on EU!!
Ramrod64

Post by Ramrod64 »

deleted gcmod folder
installed the Fixinstaller
Gfx Settings to medium

Connecting to the NA Server
Map was loaded (100%) but then C2D

well looks like we will play a little bit POE2 this campaign till the problem is fixed.
Ramrod, out!

Cu on Battlefield of =Global-Conflict=
current Campaign:
Total_focus_haz

the NA server doest seem to run it yet but working on that but works a treat on EU please try that
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

but we do not use the gc mod tomorrow, do we?
Total_focus_haz

i do not think the mods will be used tomorrow and not eveyone will have downloaded the map pack or the patch for poe to 2.1.

It will be implemented for the camp as alot off hard work has went in for the design
Last edited by Total_focus_haz on Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

Don't forget this is GC; which means nothing is set in stone. As long as the Generals continue to play nice we can, within reason, implement anything at any time - more so in the earlier stages of the campaign. However, we can't use 'battles of consequence' to test things out. When we do implement something it has to be a 'known' product. We know its a lot of work and frustration but please keep trying as a lot of us are looking forward to the finished product.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

haha here comes fanne again :P
didn't had time to test it on the eu server but if you say it works on eu does it mean I still have to make all maps with the server and client zip or can I leave it to have them unpacked as folders there ( see above post )
Since I can't play tomorrow I still have enough time to pack folders and files back to zips
Fishyman8u

Post by Fishyman8u »

Ok, the need to set textures to medium doesn't surprise me as many custom maps seem to have that problem. I don't understand why there would be a difference between the NA and EU servers except that the NA server was having problems last Saturday with disconnecting people. I am going to keep looking through the BF Editor forums to see if there is anything I can do to make the GCMOD more stable on dedicated servers. There are also a few things I can try if that doesn't work, including copying vanilla BF 2 files into the GC mod folder in an effort to make it work better on dedicated servers.

Also my goofed first attempt at an installer could be causing some issues so make sure the gcmod files are in mods/gcmod and not just loose in the mods folder. The installer is now fixed so it should put the files in the correct place.

Sorry for all the confusion. The GCMOD isn't a failure, it's just going to take some time to find the source of the problems. Right now it sounds like the NA server could be having issues or the GCMOD could have issues with dedicated servers or both. Hopefully we can get this sorted and be able to use them in this campaign even if it is in the middle of the campaign.

Fishyman8u
AngelOne
Senator
Senator

Post by AngelOne »

Good update Fishy. We still have options, and everything that you're doing is very much appreciated. If there is a requirement to get people on the Server to test things, just post it BIG and I am sure people will respond.
C12:¦1LT - C11:¦TA - C10:¦TA - C9:¦TA - C8:¦Cpt - C7:¦2LT - C6:¦SGT - C5:¦PFC - C4:¦PFC - C3:¦PVT
Fishyman8u

Post by Fishyman8u »

It is interesting to me that the GCMOD works on the euro server and not the NA server... This makes me suspect that the GCMOD might be okay, but the NA server is having some kind of issue. I'd be very interested to know if anyone still experiences a crash when trying to connect to the euro server. Regardless I will keep looking on some modding help forums for anyone that has experienced similar problems to see if there is a fix.

Also, you do NOT need to pack up the files in the maps without client and serve zip files. The way BF2 loads the maps allows them to work regardless of whether they are packed or not as long as all the files the it needs are present. I know each of the maps loads perfectly when "Create Local" so the crashes aren't likely to be specific to any one map and are not due to them being unpacked.

Also, if you can connect and test the maps plz list any mistakes with flags, vehicles, commander assets, etc with the map name and size (16,32,64) so we can start fixing those as well! It is virtually impossible to mod this many maps without at least a few mistakes being made so please help me find them.

Hope this helps!

Fishyman8u
AngelOne
Senator
Senator

Post by AngelOne »

Now that Fishy has asked US ALL to given him more information. I will put all the maps in the Maps selection on the EU Server for people who have the time to play and make notes. Each Map will run for 1 round only. My observation was, it takes 2 men to make the flag appear and move. So, you will need to have at least 2-4 guys playing per side.

:arrow: respawn 10 Seconds
:arrow: start of map 10 Seconds
:arrow: Pwd is gcfun

Be prepared for a quick announcement in respect to playing any of the POE Modded maps. BFI is not about point and territories it is about who has the initiative for the first Main Battle of the Campaign.
C12:¦1LT - C11:¦TA - C10:¦TA - C9:¦TA - C8:¦Cpt - C7:¦2LT - C6:¦SGT - C5:¦PFC - C4:¦PFC - C3:¦PVT
ButchLion

Post by ButchLion »

ok got 2.1 got the new exe and it loads to almost the finish on euro and CTD's, it gets to verifying on NABO server and then crashes, updated pb and still had the same problem. Looks like Im out unless u got any suggestions
BECOME A VOTABLE MEMBER!!!!
See ya in Da Game, Da Butcher
ButchLion.Image
aka [TRG]Butchvonlio, C4 PFC, C5 PFC, C6 CPL, C7 LTC , C8 Neutral, C9 Kpt., C10 Comodore, C11 lcp, C12 lcp, C13 lcp
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Might be a bad transfer from the EU server to the NA. It hung a couple times while transfering the thousands of files. In which case, see if its more than 1 map with the crash prob.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

the problem with the NA server is that its version of pb isn't new enough for the current version

as to the mod, I'd like to know whats up, but fishy is the mastermind behind this operation, I just helped out. I know it kinda sounds bad, but really fishy is the master, I the padawan (unlike in the real army lol)

I still would like to know the same things that fishy knows. I'm gonna set up a bug report thread in the mod forum for things like angel's 2 people per flag thing and such.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died