Patch 1.5???

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Patch 1.5???

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

I found this in bf2s.com forum, but my dutch is not very well. Could some of our dutch speaking members plz translate it:
A dutch guy named DaMorpeus says that patch 1.5 is coming. He works for Interactive 3D which is a partner of EA games.

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/lis ... es/1271533
[IMG]https:///images/210831/.jpg[/IMG]
C7:CPL C8:MAJ C9:SFC C10:COL C11:TA C13:SGT
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

Goed, laten we het nogmaals proberen. Nieuwe patch, nieuwe fixes, misschien nieuwe map ( :? ), nieuwe kansen

ok, lets try this again. New patch, new fixes, maybe new map (?), new chances

Meer dan een jaar na de laatste patch zijn er weer enkele geruchten over een patch 1.5 opgedoken

More than a year after the latest patch some rumors about a patch 1.5 came up again.

for the rest he is talking about:
what needs to be fixed ( servercrashes ) and that there is a lot concurrence to BF2. Also there is BF3 coming ( rumors ), also BFheros is announced and there also comes a present for the 10000 active BF players ( don't know if he speaks about Heroes here) .
BF2 still is popular after crisis or cod4 ( http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/ ). Are you ready for it?

Info over Battlefield 2 patches, Battlefield 3: http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/10/09 ... aked-info/

Thats the best I could translate to.
Nothing really new and all rumors, if you ask me but... there is still hope :wink:
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Thx..Fanne :)
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

if you google Battlefield 3 there are lots of articles popping up (mainly in German dated Oct. 2007) stating that (unconfirmed)

For example look here

BF3 will be
-using the Frostbite DX engine
-probably running under Windows Vista only?
-out end of this Year,
-feature 8 (how lame is this?) maps
-feature lots of unlocks, pretty much as BF 2148 I suppose.
-pretty much like BF 2 ;-)
-having a public Beta summer 08

.... Image
Last edited by sushi on Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Just found a page featuring a "investor document" with the whole set of infos in it:

Release in late 2008
Powered by “Frostbite DX”
Set in year modern day (just like BF2, ed.)
Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
Same “ticket-based” gameplay style as before
Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are “Battalions” which consist of three to four squads.
Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
Possible public beta in “Summer 2008″
Online stats tracking, awards and “real world ranks”
“Soldier” feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships (for testing, apparently, ed.)
In-game replay and recording feature
VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and “extensive clan support”
Built-in auto software updater (no more patches!, ed.)
Widows Vista and OS X (no XP?!, ed.)
Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Re: Patch 1.5???

Post by Goggles »

AusbilderSchmidt wrote:I found this in bf2s.com forum, but my dutch is not very well. Could some of our dutch speaking members plz translate it:
A dutch guy named DaMorpeus says that patch 1.5 is coming. He works for Interactive 3D which is a partner of EA games.

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/lis ... es/1271533
My dutch isn't perfect, but here's my translation of what was written:
rough translation wrote: Alright, let's try it again. New patch, new fixes, maybe a new map, new chances.

More than a year after the last patch, new rumors are about a patch 1.5 are spreading. Obviously* there are many things that can improved with regards to server crashes, and obviously* there is a lot of competition for the Battlefield series. Battlefield 3 is coming as well, and Battlefield Heroes is announced, and there's a gift coming for the tens of thousands of still-active players of Battlefield 2.

Battlefield 2 is, regardless of CoD4 and Crysis, still very popular. Are you ready for it?
Hope that's easier to read...

*"Obviously" is my term... they use "vast staat" which is more literally translated to "stands in stone" or maybe "it's a fact that"...
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Yes...thx too...so..the hope is not die :D
Schuetze27

Post by Schuetze27 »

Dreams never die 8) ... but my hope is dead since long time ago. :roll:
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

prob is I can read dutch better than I can write english ... :wink:
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

I am just able to roll a dutch... :wink:
gomimin

NEWS

Post by gomimin »

Source: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... tatus.html

Firstly, sorry I have been away for so long, its been a busy time. So here as per request in a number of threads here is an update to where we are with 1.50.

* Yes its still coming
* We have been working on a few things to do with DRM as old versions of Battlefield 2 use an old version of SafeDisc
* We have had a number of last minute hacks appear which we have made fixes for to help stabilise the servers.
* We have a minor issue to solve with the Chinese version of the game.

While I can't give an exact date, we are aiming to release our first Beta towards the end of April '09 as long as everything else goes well.
What we are looking at doing for Battlefield is removing the requirement for the DVD to be in the drive during boot up. Whether we can get this going is what we are checking. It won't limit your installs on other machines or limit how many times you can install though.

==================
Changelog Update v1.50
==================
FEATURES
- Additional support for Windows Vista.
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.

There is no information on which hacks we have dealt with or how but there are quite a few. There is also another item missing from the list for legal reasons and will be a case of knowing it when the update comes out for Beta.

Post by PinkAss »

Hey guys, if anybody is interested what changes 1.5 patch will bring...heres the link.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... cking.html

They will also remove mouse acceleration and make changes to the new map, so the AT rape wont be possible anymore.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Looks like it will be several more months until its officially released. The acknowledged bugs on their list wont get fixed overnight and will require more testing.
DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

Ash2Dust wrote:Looks like it will be several more months until its officially released. The acknowledged bugs on their list wont get fixed overnight and will require more testing.
They are looking for the end of may. btw its only three guys working on this patch, that is why it took so long.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I would love it to be end of may. Really looking forward to some good old BH action even if its half what it was in the old days. They were hoping to get the beta out before Christmas. Fast forward 4 months later to the beta release. Now they got the beta out, people are pointing out all the bugs that have been ignored, plus the ones the beta created. Some of the issues will be ignored. Give me a break on the YASU issue, players turn YASU off or take the CD/DVD copy protection out of BF2.

I dont think theres a time schedule on this one because Dice/EA dont want to dedicated a team (more than 3 people?) and it will be the last ever for BF2.