Closed practice sessions?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Re: Closed practice sessions?

Post by BRUMMIE »

Yea, they sold us a 16 player 'clan server' as part of the package I believe. Need to look into it further.
HumanSpeedbumpAK

Post by HumanSpeedbumpAK »

I forgot about that. If the 16 player is up and running we should just use that to practice. I bet we could even set it to Conquest Large with just the 32 players so people could practice with the different vehicles. Not encouraging stat padding, just the use of resources to better text/experience the different weapons and unlocks available in the game and see what kind of things work well together. It took me about 6 hours of playing today and never once got to work with a player using a SOFLAM to test out the Jet's Guided Missiles from an indirect standpoint. I'm also interested to see if they receive the same damage boost that JAVELIN's do when SOFLAM Guided.

Battlefield 3 Tournament Administrator
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

I am cool with locking the server down for pratice. You need 8 players to do anything with and it is not like olocking the server down will hurt us. If there is a 16 player as well then that is even better.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

I am with vK on this.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

BRUMMIE wrote:Yea, they sold us a 16 player 'clan server' as part of the package I believe. Need to look into it further.
EA also sold and is selling a game with deformable terrain. That feature just isnt available yet. Guessing oru provider might be in the same boat since the 16 sorta implied unranked.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Ash2Dust wrote:
BRUMMIE wrote:Yea, they sold us a 16 player 'clan server' as part of the package I believe. Need to look into it further.
EA also sold and is selling a game with deformable terrain. That feature just isnt available yet. Guessing oru provider might be in the same boat since the 16 sorta implied unranked.

Ouch. :lol:

We need to follow up on that 16 slot server. It would be perfect for GC testing and screwing off sessions.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

WoodenPlank wrote:
Ash2Dust wrote:

Ouch. :lol:

We need to follow up on that 16 slot server. It would be perfect for GC testing and screwing off sessions.
^^^THIS^^^

Much testing and what not needed.