Gentlemen Agreement

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Templer

Re: Gentlemen Agreement

Post by Templer »

nevermiind wrote:Maybe they should lower the dmg they do on inf. but im not bothered with rpg that much.
I would rather have infrared removed :)
If infrared is out, I am also gone ... :twisted:

btw: i am NOT playing engineer.

greetz
temp
@8-Oblt.Templer|1st
@7-Oblt.Templer|TB (Infantry Orden Bronze, Infantry Orden Silver, Panzer Orden Silver, Kriegsverdienstkreuz)
@6-Obfr.Templer|KD (Infantry Orden Bronze, Panzer Orden Bronze, Panzer Orden Silver)

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

I'm also of the opinion that this just can't be enforced. It's all well and good saying it doesn't belong here at GC but when people are playing to win and they're stuck in their own base being hammered round after round their mood drops and their attitude changes. They forget that they might be allies with the people they're fighting right now and break out the launchers. It happens and people just need to accept it and counter it in the game IMO.
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

Templer wrote:
nevermiind wrote:Maybe they should lower the dmg they do on inf. but im not bothered with rpg that much.
I would rather have infrared removed :)
If infrared is out, I am also gone ... :twisted:

btw: i am NOT playing engineer.

greetz
temp
The ONLY reason every man and his dog is using the IR scope is because it is so damn easy to pick up targets, Use another scope and it's way harder.

If you really are that fond of the IRNV i suggest you stop playing now to stop your disappointment when they nerf it.

It IS being nerfed btw.

-edit-

I can not wait for the nerf the amount of times i have died now due to the other person having IRNV is unreal, Had they of had a standard scope most of those kills would not have happened.

-edit 2-

Yes a was an avid user of the IRNV, But i realised so is everyone else so switched back to conventional scopes.

Been gaming for alot of years now and what happens when any 1 item/weapon/scope/bit of equipment becomes FOTM?

A. The devs nerf it.

So i have pulled myself away from being reliant on it.

Which i know a fair few other GC'ers have become reliant upon it aswell.
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

Bit of a Follow up from above post.

Did some digging as someone asked me lastnight if they were "tweaking" the IRNV.
GameSpy: One of the longest threads on the BF3 forums at the moment regards the IRNV scope, which many say is incredibly overpowered. Is this something Dice is aware of, and are looking to change? Why was it altered from the beta version, which wasn't so useful?

Karl Magnus Troedsson: Based on player feedback, we have made some tweaks to the IRNV scope to make it more balanced with the rest of the accessories in the game. The change is planned to go into a future update of Battlefield 3, and we will have more details on this update at a later date. In general, balance issues are always a hot topic for a game that attracts competitive players. We take all balance feedback very seriously, and we strive to make sure that when we make any change it is always an improvement to the overall game. This means being very careful when we make changes so we don't over react. Battlefield 3 is a living game, and we intend to support it with balance and technical updates.
http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/articles/121/1212679p1.html

-edit-

My uneducated total stab in the dark guess, Would be that they will revert it back to how it was in Beta.

Pretty useless.

8)
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

If it is in the game you have to deal with it. Motors have no place in the game IMO and the flashlights should also be gone IMO. As my opinion is not going to change anything I deal with it. The IRNV site is just thing to deal with. IMO they should also address all of the squad bugs before nerfing anything and give us 6 man squads!
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

Von_Krieg wrote:If it is in the game you have to deal with it. Motors have no place in the game IMO and the flashlights should also be gone IMO. As my opinion is not going to change anything I deal with it. The IRNV site is just thing to deal with. IMO they should also address all of the squad bugs before nerfing anything and give us 6 man squads!
I agree with you (kind of)

Mortor has a place on the Battlefield, It just gets abbused (that's where the problem lies)

Same can be said for the tac light, It's place should be in "DARK" CQC maps and remain useless anywhere else, However that is not the case.

The IRNV again has it's place, However as above with the tac light it shines (no punn intended) in every situation.

From personal experience Night Vision scopes are UTTERLY UTTERLY useless in day light hours.

I was issued one on an Operational Tour, During Twilight/Dusk/Full Dark it was by far the best bit of kit i had other than my rifle ofc.

I know, Balance > Realism

Am i not wrong in thinking the Bf franchise has always prided itself on authenticity?
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I haven't experienced any mortar abuse so far, they are very annoying though. Tactical light will get fixed with the upcoming patch and I am pretty sure IRNV will too as both of these perks are banned from ESL. Like people said; you have to deal with it. When I played BF42 I didn't use the "bunnyhop option" so it was quite an experience when I started playing BF2 and seen so many Bugs Bunny impersonators. But I adapted and eventually become better than most using their "tactics". People complained so much about bunnyhoping and proning that it was "fixed" in the latest patch. It just confirmed how weak people who can't adapt are and it also shows how weak DICE is by changing the original game we all bought. Again I adapted. In BC2 people were bitching about Carl Gustav. I wasn't. People need to start adapting once and for all because there will always be weapons and perks that you won't like to see used on you but its how it is. Whenever you remove something from the game you don't gain anything but someone loses something. Some people like to fire mortars and use lights. Adapt and get over with.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I mean this without any offense to anyone, but mortars are seriously not a problem at all. To me, 90% of the time, an enemy mortar emplacement equals one free kill. If you're frustrated by an enemy mortar that keeps killing you, then you're not playing smart enough.

If you see the enemy mortar on the map, simply respawn with a mortar kit yourself. The enemy mortar can't hit you unless you can hit him, and he won't see you on the map until you've launched the killing blow (it requires just one mortar shot to take out a mortar).
Hi!
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Goggles wrote:I mean this without any offense to anyone, but mortars are seriously not a problem at all. To me, 90% of the time, an enemy mortar emplacement equals one free kill. If you're frustrated by an enemy mortar that keeps killing you, then you're not playing smart enough.

If you see the enemy mortar on the map, simply respawn with a mortar kit yourself. The enemy mortar can't hit you unless you can hit him, and he won't see you on the map until you've launched the killing blow (it requires just one mortar shot to take out a mortar).
I will take this as directed at me as I was the one bringing it up. Motors themselves do not bother me, never have. What does bother me is it takes a person from the attack and puts them in a support role that is unnecessary. I have seldom been killed by them so not an issue really. I just think it is the same mentality as a sniper which again takes away from the attack. JMO of course.

The flashlight and Inferred scope are completely different as they give an advantage that really does not need to be in the game. In reality inferred scopes are used during the daylight and are most effective when the enemy is using smoke. The real issue with the game is it is hard to see people as camo works so people use the scope.
Templer

Post by Templer »

Von_Krieg wrote:If it is in the game you have to deal with it. Motors have no place in the game IMO and the flashlights should also be gone IMO. As my opinion is not going to change anything I deal with it. The IRNV site is just thing to deal with. IMO they should also address all of the squad bugs before nerfing anything and give us 6 man squads!
/Signed

If you don´t like the setup of the game, deal with it or leave. I don´t like it when people keep complaining about everything....mortars, inv, heli, rpg.

And that´s all I said in my previous post:
No more Inv...no more Templer (or I have to deal with it)....but I won´t start complaining.

:twisted: Templer :twisted:
@8-Oblt.Templer|1st
@7-Oblt.Templer|TB (Infantry Orden Bronze, Infantry Orden Silver, Panzer Orden Silver, Kriegsverdienstkreuz)
@6-Obfr.Templer|KD (Infantry Orden Bronze, Panzer Orden Bronze, Panzer Orden Silver)