Kept dropping In the NA:BO

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Ishimel

Kept dropping In the NA:BO

Post by Ishimel »

For almost the entire Black Ops i would occasionally drop from the server with Origin saying that i "lost connection to the server". It was a minor thing at first with it only dropping rarely during the first two rounds of firestorm with it picking up during the third round. But during norshar it became ridiculous. I would load in, spawn, run around for 30 seconds rubber banding the whole time before dropping. I would have left a lot earlier but my team was down so many people i figured it was worth the headache. In the end, for the third round of firestorm and the two rounds of noshar i may as well have not been there.

This was something about that server since i played for a few hours before the Black Ops with no problem and i left right after i got fed up with it and played a round of pub rush is no problem. This was something that was specific to the NA server, for me at least, i have no idea if anyone else had this problem but people in my TS apparently had no issue.

It should be noted that i jumped on both the NA and EU servers after everyone left and ran around (something i couldn't even do during the BO) just fine, maybe it was because of the action going on.

If this turns out to be a problem on my end that would be fine and i would fix it, if someone who knows the ins and outs of the server could PM me and help me work this out.
Coloneluber

Re: Kept dropping In the NA:BO

Post by Coloneluber »

It's an EA issue. Battlelog forums have been going nuts over it the past few days.
Ishimel

Post by Ishimel »

Coloneluber wrote:It's an EA issue. Battlelog forums have been going nuts over it the past few days.
That doesn't explain why it was only the GC NA server that kept dropping me. When all the pub servers weren't. Not to mention how it was fine after everyone else left and it was just me running around.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Ishimel wrote:
Coloneluber wrote:It's an EA issue. Battlelog forums have been going nuts over it the past few days.
That doesn't explain why it was only the GC NA server that kept dropping me. When all the pub servers weren't. Not to mention how it was fine after everyone else left and it was just me running around.
Were the pub servers you tried also full so 32 vs 32?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

EA's blade backbone is an unknown beast. Its regional, while one region may be fine, another region may be flakey. If Blade is unhappy, it can dump entire servers or just a few players. Another thing to think about is it map specific?