Daskro's videos. I'm a fan.

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Re: Daskro's videos. I'm a fan.

Post by Ash2Dust »

My screen is 60Hz but my fps is around mid 50s. I have no idea if having a 120Hz running 120fps would make a big difference, but from your videos, your action seems more fluid. Time to win the lottery and find out.

Listened to your interview video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uctep4-Kr4
GC comp team did play in CAL BF42 and CAL BF2. Dont remember too much other than we tended to be in the middle of the rankings. I do remember playing 20ID, HOT, and Warchild and usually getting slaughtered. I had to laugh when u mentioned artillery pixel spotting by an unknown team. Good chance it was us. Our arty guys we're always up to speed on sky spots in different positions.
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

Ha, that brings back some good memories :twisted:

On my 22" CRT screen for battlefield 1942, I would move the artillery to a specific spot marked by a bush or something, get a spot from a sniper, dial in my elevation and traverse to be on a specific target and using a sharpie marker I would put a dot on my screen. Then whenever I would get back to that bush all I had to do was put my crosshairs on that dot to nail that target.

I got so obsessed with how effective it was I bought some transparancy paper and taped it to my screen and plotted out the positions of major targets for each map. Then when we played the map I could just grab the transparancy that I had previously made for a map and be on target.

Good times,
daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by daskro »

the pixel aiming stuff was so goofy but its something I do miss from bf1942.

I was pretty skeptical of 120hz and 120 fps but a friend of mine at a lan party ran the setup and my jaw dropped when I saw it in person. Had to have it!