glitching in GC battleday

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: glitching in GC battleday

Post by Necromancer »

Demavend / Alborz have the golf ball tower, its indestructible, gives excellent view, right on a flag, and hard to access (you can throw down C4 with minimum expose time and effectively block it). same thing.

actually, hitting small targets is not an issue in BF3. people snipe other snipers from one side of the map to the other while all thats visible is half a head. even in the video you can see that once the guy has been spotted, he got killed immediately.

although if that room contains walls that aren't solid, it is because the map dev's didn't think one would get there, and so i would consider it as glitch.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Necromancer wrote:Demavend / Alborz have the golf ball tower, its indestructible, gives excellent view, right on a flag, and hard to access (you can throw down C4 with minimum expose time and effectively block it). same thing.

actually, hitting small targets is not an issue in BF3. people snipe other snipers from one side of the map to the other while all thats visible is half a head. even in the video you can see that once the guy has been spotted, he got killed immediately.

although if that room contains walls that aren't solid, it is because the map dev's didn't think one would get there, and so i would consider it as glitch.
Those are hardly the same by a long shot. There are a lot of places the "sneaky" player can reach in any map, and you can count on it that people will seek, find and use all of them eventually. It's the location of this particular one that make it unique and very advantageous.

Yes, the player in the video was eventually killed after he mowed down about 6 players on the initial push. He quickly returned to the same location and continued with the carnage along with his room mates.

BTW in the video you can clearly see the guy going through the wall into a different room
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

I've got no problems banning the opposite side room, since the walls do appear indestructable and there's a lot of passion about it. Like I said, I don't think any of these rooms are game-changing, so taking one away won't be a massive problem.

But let's leave it at that room. It's fairly easy to describe (room that looks away from Alpha) and it's got a lot of glitchy stuff to it. All the other ones I can think of are easily cracked open with RPG/320, and are very vulnerable to grenade/normal fire.
ImageImageImage
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

knorren wrote:i just noticed one thing while trying out the room towards the back of A, not the one pointing towards A.
There are hidden rooms inside that one and you can accidently jump down inside the wall and get stuck, well thats not a good thing but the walls inside that building nonsolid, you can run through them to two other rooms.
That room is way bigger than it shows in that video.
People seems to be missing this. Its clearly a glitch. ("Glitching" is the practice of a player exploiting faults in a video game's programming to achieve tasks normally impossible if the game's script runs as intended, such as running through walls or defying the game's laws of gravity)

I dont find a invisible wall as something inteded for programmers or places that have holes in the terrain as a place that programmers intended players to be in.

Aftermath have some places like this also. Example: Epicenter, theres is a sweet spot to cover C that you can get just by walking BUT on the process you have to jump through some debrises that if done wrong you fell under the map.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

ppl still posting here.... X_X
just ban the room that cant be shot to shreds. norren post varify that it an hatch to big no no.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAp7VyGgqhc[/youtube]