All ye filmmakers!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: All ye filmmakers!

Post by Jokerle »

solmartig wrote:i dont have dxtory, and at the moment dont really have the option of recordning in another HDD, how is the performance of recording in an external HDD using USB since i play on a laptop?
USB3 is just fine.
USB2 you would probably need to cut down on quality
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

i read somewhere that you need to get at least 50-70 MB/s to have a decent recording...otherwise the quality is not that good. i can't remember the exact number though. but that's for dxtory as you can test your hdd's speed in the menu.

i tried to write to my external storage but i get only 35 MB/s...so the video is kinda laggy. i also tried with an external USB2 but i can't remember what the speed was...i think it wasn't enough...i will try again tonite.

your best bet is to get your hands on dxtory (there are ways) and test your external hdd.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

und3rt0w wrote:i read somewhere that you need to get at least 50-70 MB/s to have a decent recording...otherwise the quality is not that good. i can't remember the exact number though. but that's for dxtory as you can test your hdd's speed in the menu.

i tried to write to my external storage but i get only 35 MB/s...so the video is kinda laggy. i also tried with an external USB2 but i can't remember what the speed was...i think it wasn't enough...i will try again tonite.

your best bet is to get your hands on dxtory (there are ways) and test your external hdd.

The dxtory codec needs lots of space. There are other codecs. Some already encode on the fly and you will need less I/O.
I use the lagarith codec, needs less space than the dxtory one (but still a lot) and gives high quality
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

Jokerle wrote:
und3rt0w wrote:i read somewhere that you need to get at least 50-70 MB/s to have a decent recording...otherwise the quality is not that good. i can't remember the exact number though. but that's for dxtory as you can test your hdd's speed in the menu.

The dxtory codec needs lots of space. There are other codecs. Some already encode on the fly and you will need less I/O.
I use the lagarith codec, needs less space than the dxtory one (but still a lot) and gives high quality
i think lagarith needs higher writespeed than dxtory codec.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

why only one map? just to be on the safe side i'd throw in Bandar desert 64v.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
BanzaiLang

Post by BanzaiLang »

Necromancer wrote:recording on a different HDD with dxtory 1080p/30fps and i got no noticeable FPS drop on my system. and my system is pretty old, getting ~75FPS on medium+, no AA. (GPU Radion 5850HD)

@Benzai you tried with Fraps too?

who else doesn't have dxtory?
I have dxtory with settings I copied from who knows where. I'll try again following jackfrags guide.
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

gonna record.

i assume you'll dl the encoded video from yt ?
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

As it turns out, my plans for Father's day have had to be pushed forward to this Saturday. So I won't be able to play at all this Saturday.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

today's the day, all the recording ppl have CC on and record the beginning strat too.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

How do you want the video? A YT link or a download?
wizekraker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by wizekraker »

What quality do I use for lagrith.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I now have about 46 gigs of play to upload somewhere D:

Watching the stream back... I did a lot of worthless stuff while FCing lol... I think I need to focus more on my MAVing and less on running about. There is some good stuff there but whoever edits this will probably not be happy with me, the comms are okay though the visuals are a bit boring. Also when I address the whole army, it uses a different push-to-talk button so it wasn't picked up.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
BanzaiLang

Post by BanzaiLang »

I think downloading the video from youtube will probably be fine for what we're doing.. If you choose to upload to a file sharing site, you probably want to compress your video a bit beforehand.

So should we start talking about what we want to be in the video? Things like comm dialogue people thought was good or good firefights.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

wizekraker wrote:What quality do I use for lagrith.

my settings
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

My FC perspective from fire storm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu9gR-yOwRI