Does each army have a graphic?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Does each army have a graphic?

Post by Jokerle »

I think all (most?) past armies had a logo of some kind. You can get access to the forum archive (via a user group) and start digging for them :-)
Currently there are no armies any more.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

As of right now, since we are waiting for BF4 to start a new campaign we don't have any armies. Once the generals are chosen they will set a theme for their own army. After that I think we will have some logos made, but that changes from campaign to campaign as new generals are chosen. I think in a month time, more or less, we will have the army logos for C1 available.

EDIT: Jokerle beat me to it. :D
Nix

Post by Nix »

ApostleTriad wrote:
mrBLUE9 wrote:As of right now, since we are waiting for BF4 to start a new campaign we don't have any armies. Once the generals are chosen they will set a theme for their own army. After that I think we will have some logos made, but that changes from campaign to campaign as new generals are chosen. I think in a month time, more or less, we will have the army logos for C1 available.

EDIT: Jokerle beat me to it. :D
So each campaign has different armies all together? Not just one set logo each time?
That's right!
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

ApostleTriad wrote: And here I thought I was going to submit something good for you guys tonight :(
Submit anyway! We can always change things or think together how not to waste any effort. :D
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

That looks nice! Would that be a page of some sort? Or just an image? Sounds really cool! :thumbup:
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

this sounds like a great idea, i think it would requiere a lot of time to keep it updated, would you be up for the challange?

the idea is great though :D
C3:ImageC6Image
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

It sounds like you want to automate this somehow.

If you can figure out a way to automate our Risk maps (download/file.php?id=765&mode=view) you win cookies for life from a kitten shaped cookie dispenser that purrs every time it gives you a cookie.
ImageImageImage
Spreez
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Spreez »

And has fields voice doing meow dub step once you take the cookie.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

For a whole page background initial thought: it is to "chaotic" to work as background, since we have tons of stuff being displayed infront and should go for something consistent in the background.

As a means of campaign map - while I like the idea of our campaignmaps - or to display a mapwin history it might work. Thing is since we play multiple maps on any given battleday, it will be 1) a long list and 2) could be becoming confusing in the consequence.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

It can replace the little flags and names in the TAs posts of battleday results. That is if the TAs are willing to use it, and it doesnt clutter the post too much.
Also all maps need to have images for both sides.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Spreez
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Spreez »

Necromancer wrote:It can replace the little flags and names in the TAs posts of battleday results. That is if the TAs are willing to use it, and it doesnt clutter the post too much.
Also all maps need to have images for both sides.
In my opinion, this would be a non logical item to add to the post. Doing this would mean we would have an entire extra page of items to keep up with and get correct postings for both sides. Would it look appealing? Sure it would, but during the battle days when I was keeping track I felt as though I had enough to type out between rounds or maps. Could it be added after the battle day to the post? Yes, but it would probably happen a full day following at the earliest.