First Impressions

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Nix

Re: First Impressions

Post by Nix »

Game has been a little more stable for me.
Okay, I'm going to say it: Too many AA weapons.
I can't fly a helicopter anywhere without "Radar" and "Heat seeking" missiles hitting me every 3 seconds.
ECM takes 25 seconds to reload, just like flares.
25mm cannons feel underpowered, would go back to miniguns except they don't do any damage to tanks.
Guided missile is alright, I guess.

Radar missiles seem to ignore ECM, Can't be lag, they still hit even when ECM is active.
I'm not having fun anymore. I guess if I were in a MAA I would, but that feels cheap.

OP Locker is imbalanced, every round I have played in, the RU side wins. Every. Single. Time.
TDM is still TDM.
Hit detection is beyond belief. I knew it would be bad, but not this bad.
XM25 is evil, pure.
MP412 REX is weird.

Sniper rifles are fun now :D just not in TDM. Unless you like dying lots.
Medkits are awesome, just spam them everywhere and get points.

SP is hilarious. So many plot holes. Fun to play though.
MBT-LAW: Why do you reload so fast? (And other launchers too.)
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

TheNixNick wrote: MP412 REX is weird.

SP is hilarious. So many plot holes. Fun to play though.
I couldn't play even half of the time I was planning to. Not cuz of crashes...just no time :(

REX has a delay after pressing the fire button.

For SP all I can I say is "Omar comin' yo"! :P
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Haven't had too many crashes. A lot of fun. Although I do dislike the new mobile arty interface. I get they did it to make that vehicle more accessible but it also makes it less flexible in short ranges. Plus no prox defence makes me look stupid when I smoke infantry that are next to me :oops:

As for the campaign:
Spoiler: show
Why can't you go down and set the charges of yourself at the end? That was my first thought when I found out I had the C4. Plus, you don't have any family or back story while Irish and Hannah do. I don't wanna kill them (even if I hate Hannah's guts, she is looking out for China). Let me kill myself.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

@Sloth/Campaign
Yeah that sucked. My first thought was the same. Then I sat there for a bit and I figured the game wasn't going to let me do that. Then I thought, you know, I'll bet if I give it to Hannah she won't do it, it'll turn out to be a plot all along. Poor Irish, proving yet again that the black guy always dies.
ImageImageImage
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

@campaign
My 1st thought was that out of the 3 choice you have, one would be going yourself. So anyway, I sent down Irish first, but then it would not work triggering the trigger (hitting mouse button over and over again). That is how I found out what the 3rd choice is :lol:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Same here joker
gave it to irish, didn't work.
While reloading i remembered him blabbering about wife and 2 kids, so i let the chines Spec OPs do whats need to be done for china/america. Unlocked P90.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

The second time i got into the arty and "suffer" a bug from BF3. Spawn on the arty and inmediatly one of my squadmates either spawns on me or in the arty too. Basically i could shoot while he was moving me :D

First really gamebreaking glitch: QBU-88 + silencer makes the whole server lose sound O.o

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Nix

Post by Nix »

How is this possible!?
I'm stumped.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/so ... 255541/pc/

Col. 100 in 76 hours?
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Frosteyy

Post by Frosteyy »

TheNixNick wrote:How is this possible!?
I'm stumped.

Col. 100 in 76 hours?
Stat padding
C5: LOD/Corporal
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Frosteyy wrote:
TheNixNick wrote:How is this possible!?
I'm stumped.

Col. 100 in 76 hours?
Stat padding
Gamestop gave a 200% boost for the weekend. Combine this with a couple of battlepack boost with some TDM/Dom/Operation Lockerz gameplay...

PD: activating a boost while playing the commander doesnt "consume" the boost but actually gives you the bonus.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

after reinstalling drivers 3 times and reinstalling the game, I lost the stutter issues so the game is at least playable now, yay!

map opinions:
-Golmud is awesome. First map since 2142 that gives a really "battlefield" feel to it, because it is correctly sized for what is going on. Only thing that got close in BF3 was Firestorm, and even then the flags were too close together imo. I loved this map even when the game barely ran for me, easily the best one in the game.

-Zavod is meh. Maybe I'll like it as I play more, but just not enjoying any round I've played on it so far. The BCDE area seems too close together.

-Paracel kinda reminds me of Phillipines in BF42, but not as good of a map. Seems too spread out for running around and there's no cover for jet skis/RHIBs so the jets/attack boats rip you apart easily.

-Shanghai is shanghai. Decent map, no new opinions.

-Locker is annoying, too much like metro. Good for points spam but that's about it.

-Flood zone is nice before the flood. I hate it after the flood. Overall it's like Zavod, I might like it more after playing more but until then it's a bit meh.

-Hainan is ok, but I feel like it could be improved with a tank/APC per side instead of 2 APCs. B and C seem too close together compared to C and D.

-Rogue Trans is fun when your team is actually working together, it sucks when there's tons of people camping the dish. Overall decent but haven't played a round where the teams aren't trying to just camp the dish.

-Lancang is similar to Golmud to me. Great map, but not as good as Golmud. Wish there was more land area with another flag between the land and C that would become an island after the flood or something.

-Haven't played dawnbreaker yet, but looking at the map overview I'll probably hate it.

overall though I'm just happy the stuttery BS went away and I can attempt to enjoy the game.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died