1.03 patch news

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Brenil

Post by Brenil »

speed_demon wrote:Why do we even have to use the same account in battles? Not like we're using our unlocks or anything.....It's just the lazy one's who bitch about making new accounts for tags...
Yeah like me... cater to me bitches.
EliteSoldier0

Post by EliteSoldier0 »

not just for us, but for the people who play in clans this is very important
----- Campaign 2 [EC] -----
Image Image Image Image Image Image
----- Campaign 1 [US] -----
Click on image for stats.
lil_vinny_561

Post by lil_vinny_561 »

I would like to no the REAL release date for the Speacial Froces Extension does any one no that Answer i would really Appreciate it THANKS.
You Got Serverd!!!!

cuz im a []D. []. []\/[]. []D

[]\/[]. \\// .[]D!!!!!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

According to a swiss online portal
Special Forces is scheduled for November 2005
and the second Addon is scheduled to hit the shops March 2006
gribble

Post by gribble »

here you can find an "official" post to the new patch
EAUK_Sentience wrote: Battlefield 2 1.03 Update Enters Final QA Pass

That's right, troops. Barring any last minute issues, the 1.03 Update is only a few days from release now. We thought this occasion warranted a post covering the major features and fixes coming in 1.03, so settle back and enjoy.

Wake Island 2007

That's right, the 1.03 update bundles the first Official map release from EA and DICE. In this case the map is a modern-era update of one of the most popular maps from Battlefield 1942 -- Wake Island. The People's Liberation Army has invaded Wake to threaten American supply lines. In response the US Marine Corps has been dispatched to reclaim the island.

The new Wake Island map comes to you free of charge thanks to Fileplanet’s new Battlefield 2 Channel. Visit it at http://www.fileplanet.com/battlefield2.shtml

New Features

Stats compare - view the extended stats details for any other player in your BFHQ simply by double-clicking on their name on the leader board or using the new search feature
Server Favorites and History - find your favorite servers that much easier. No more searching for them through the main server list
Nickname Prefix - Add and change your clan tag to your account name at will. No more creating alternate account names to cover the changes in your competitive lifestyle
Supply Drop Icons - Supply drops now appear on the main map and within the 3D Map. Find that elusive supply drop much, much quicker
Points for Destroying Command Objects - players now receive points for destroying the commander's toys. Special Forces players rejoice
Server Reserved Slots - Server Operators can now set aside slots for their admins to join a full server at any time
Vehicle Passengers - the names of players in a vehicle with you are now displayed when you enter or change seats
Countermeasures - a reload bar has been added for vehicle countermeasures. You'll always know now when you can set off that next flare

Tweaks

Point Farming changes - DICE has implemented functionality that makes it significantly harder to point farm on Ranked Servers
Mod Support - Mods now work properly with the Dedicated Server! Additionally, the game will automatically switch mods when joining a server that is running a mod you have installed but do not have activated
Map tweaks - Spawn menu map and Commander maps now scale based on the size of the level being played (16, 32 or 64 players). Mini-map also scales automatically based on the vehicle type you are using (manual changes to zoom levels are remembered as well)
Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery
Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions
Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch
Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers

…and, of course, more. Look for the patch soon.
DrZoidberg

Post by DrZoidberg »

speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

The guys at BF2C already have the patch...and one of my clanmates playes with them...so he's putting it on an FTP and leaking it :D :D
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

how about you stop watering our mouths here but post the fruiting link instead?
EliteSoldier0

Post by EliteSoldier0 »

THIS IS SOOO NICE!!
----- Campaign 2 [EC] -----
Image Image Image Image Image Image
----- Campaign 1 [US] -----
Click on image for stats.
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Hey, is this the map playable in the BF1942 Demo? :P

(lol, a crashed Japaness Plane :P)
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Winter - Gribble posted message that last week on here, read 3 up!
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
gribble

Post by gribble »

sometimes i feel nobody reads my posts :cry:
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

So, great minds work alike Mat. That is why he is my hero. Nuff said.

Sorry, I missed the post, I got three or four things going on at once and it is late here. I will delete it and send it to Mat's house for safekeeping.

Mine did look better, hehe. :P

Wiinter :D
ImageImage
tripleX

Post by tripleX »

What I like is the slew of 'new features' addded like Supply drop icons have been added to the map, the names of passengers in a vehicle can now be seen, and a favorites and history list has been made so you are able to find your favorite servers much more easily.

Wow man thanks EA. Those are nifty new features.

All sarcasm aside I can't wait for the patch.
Leroy

Post by Leroy »

hehe, u know that zero wreck on wake, well, across the road (somewhere :roll: hey, it was long time ago) i have buried one pzsck and some ammo for it :D
Losin' all your highs and lows, Ain't it funny how the feelin' goes away?