Maps

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

zeplin05

Maps

Post by zeplin05 »

Lots of new maps that i have been testing and they are all good maps we need to look into playing these some time if someone wants to some time i am normaly on teamspeak maybe we could put them on our server and test them out, they even have a berlin map out for those of you that miss bf1942
C4Image
C3Image
C2Image
gribble

Post by gribble »

maybe we should use the German competetive europe server for map-testing (when it is not used by the competetive team), get a bunch of custom maps on rotation there
zeplin05

Post by zeplin05 »

I like that idea because I can't find any servers where the maps are at.
C4Image
C3Image
C2Image
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

I will get an advertising campaign rolling if you guys do it. I think at least we might get some mention in modding & mapping forums.

I would like to see 7-10 custom maps for next camp, and possibly a few to add in for this camp.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Sounds great........
I hope U get a server soon.

Do I need to download those maps first?
If yes, where?
Redman

Post by Redman »

It is time for us to combine what zeplin, thur and gribble said. We need to put together custom maps and put them on a server them advertise what we are doing and start putting together a mod team.

Right now I do not have the time to actually learn the full aspects of modding but we need to start this.

Selling features:

A community that has experience in the use of mods in a 64 player servers that is perfect for stress testing the viabilty of mods.

The use of two servers to test and host new maps and mods.

Hosting capabilities for a mod team interested in creating WWII mod based on BF2.

Hosting capabilites for a mod team interested in creating a tournament version of BF2 aimed at balance in a tournament situation.

I will be glad to start admining this project by orgainizing these maps, uploading them onto the GC Site for hosting and putting them on the GC server so we can play them. If we are serious about this then I will create a mod forum dedicated strictly to new custom maps and mods so we have a home for this.

A big portion of the success of this will lie in Thur and his advertising prowess. We need to get the word out and see if we can attract a mod team or even single modders who are willing to work for web space and server time. We have the hosting capabilities we just need the talent to make use of if.
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
gribble

Post by gribble »

that's all points i hope we will bring up at tonights meeting :-)

yeah, we should start an advertising campaign again (and i will try to hit the german market again).. maybe not rush things and start with the big advertising flood for campaign 3, when everything else (like mapteam/modteam/whatever we decide on) is setup or starting.