2142 Preorders....

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

10 to 1 it will be basically a BF2 mod with slight enhancements (dejavu BFV). Everyone will prefer the BF2 mods. Especially since EA/Dice have been advertising that they are more worried about $$$ over quality. I'll skip this at first. I may get it, but it will be in the bargain bin and people are still playing/modding it. BFV was actually good for the $20, but not worth anymore.
gribble

Post by gribble »

I will check the open beta/demo first. Since i am some kind of battlefield-franchise fanboy i guess i will buy it a some point of time :)

But also looking forward to quake wars and armed assault.. i wonder what will make my winter-nights fullfilled :)
deathbot9000

Post by deathbot9000 »

I don't have any problems spending $40 on an inbetween version of the game to help insure a great next gen version.
Titi

Post by Titi »

I do not need to buy the mec warrior game. I just have to save up for this baby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Tef5Q4-hY&eurl=

As soon as enough of you guys get yours we can scrim.
Dogma75

Post by Dogma75 »

tiberian_rebel wrote:I know that no company can make a perfect game, but to release 2142 before they've finished working out bugs in BF2 just makes me think that we're looking at another BFV. Unfortunately, I'll probably buy it.
I know at least 2 corps which gave a very good support for their games. First is Petr Odom / Take 2 with their Vietcong. they always brought out some new maps and even a totally free single player campaign. something i miss totally by the producers of bf 2 : Dice and EA. Shouldnt be a big prob for them to release some ranked maps...

and the other one is the studio which made Operation flashpoint. I am really waiting for the 2. part. Should be a big one and miles better then BF2. At last I hope it...
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
sig made by Rob / thx bro
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Im still undecided on 2142, but Im not holding much hope.

Team Fortress 2, on the other hand......... :twisted:
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

The 1.4 patch brings a new gamemode and a new map. I am not totally unhappy with BF2. They made some mistakes they shouldn't have done in the first place. E.g. learning from how other games evolved instead of copying the same mistake but overall i still like it. I'll check out the demo and if it's fun i'll probably buy 2142 too.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

Did you guys see Frontlines yet ?
Looks quite promising 8)

Kaos studios are former Trauma studios , the guys that made DC mod for BF1942 and were latter core at making BF2.

RD 2007

http://www.gametrailers.com/cgplayer.php?id=11387

http://www.frontlinesgame.com/

Cheers
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

gribble wrote:i wonder what will make my winter-nights fullfilled :)
Like I told you before bro...........I like the ladies. But hey, like Kramer used to say, "There's nothing wrong with that".

Politically correct and in self denial..........hehe!

Winter-Stud :?
ImageImage
recon35

Post by recon35 »

Frontlines seams to very high graphics power....wonder if it is going to use dx9 or the upcomming dx10?
RogerRhino

Post by RogerRhino »

WoodenPlank wrote:

Team Fortress 2, on the other hand......... :twisted:
YES
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

recon35-Fed wrote:Frontlines seams to very high graphics power....wonder if it is going to use dx9 or the upcomming dx10?
It 's Unreal 3 engine.I guess they are gonna "polish it" a bit.

Some more info here :

http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/insid ... _blog.aspx

http://www.frontlineswar.com/
Timtif

Post by Timtif »

=GC= Campaign 3 : RED'S DEVIL BRIGADE 3R*PFC Image 2xBattleServiceR.,BlackOpsR.,SupportM.,SquadUnitCitation,InfantryAssaultM.,LeadershipM.
=GC= Campaign 4 : S.C.U.M Raiders RT*PFC/RA*SSG Image BlackOps
=GC= Campaign 5 : Operation X -> RONIN -> Hogans Heros HD*SGT Image Black Operations,GC Teamplayer Recognision,Squad Unit Citation,Leadership Medal
=GC= Campaign 6 : Stonies's Fearless Bandits SA*SARImage Battle Service,Black Operations,Campaign Winner,2xAir Combat M,The Gold Star,2xSquad Unit Citation
ImageImage Image
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
gribble

Post by gribble »

the following info is not confirmed and could be a hoax, so read it carefully :)

http://bf2142beta.com/

Looks like a site sponsored by wolfgaming, which seem to claim to be the official beta-partner for bf2142. not much intel there right now, only a mid-august release of the beta.

still not sure if this is the real beta-site or not.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Interesting.

Alot of talk about 2142 pre-order here at GC. I hope its better than the overall quality of BF2 today (1+ year later). If it really is, then it would be worth purchasing and dumping BF2 and any mods that are trying to come out before 2142 release date. But history has shown with BF1942 that it takes about 3+ years for EA to own up and fix 2/3 of the problems. I'm holding my breath that future combat (2142) will have less problems than BF2. Currently, air to air, air to surface, and surface to air combat is shameful.

Unfortunately, if it is, then there will be little hope of mods. Why make a mod when EA will obsolete the game before a good mod can make a release?

Also to think about is GC changes with the times, will a MEC game create a bigger turnover in GC membership?

As for the 2142 Beta, it is real and limited in membership. Personal invite only. Havent looked at that site tho and dont know if its legit. Behind in the times this last week due to dialup access only.