BF2142 Open beta (all keys gone)

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

nopers, why? Does it annoy people? So far I've only had an increase in fellow turret gunners when I move the ship
Hi!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Started the Fileplanet/Gamespy/IGN Downloader this morning. Wonder if it will be finished downloading when i get back home from work.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
gribble

Post by gribble »

I still wonder why everybody had to install the Fileplanet Downloader.... except me :)
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

I just installed it because i hope it doesn't prompt for user input when it's my turn to download.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Didn't like the d/l, at one stage it kept popping up javascript errors for me which was irritatin. but once you set the d/l location at the start, it does auto start Phil :)
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Did that ;-)
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

gribble wrote:I still wonder why everybody had to install the Fileplanet Downloader.... except me :)
Maybe you already had it :lol:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Philippx1991

Post by Philippx1991 »

lol they don't got more keys???
I got one but i didn't download it jet i'll do it today! :?
=GC=Campaign8:Image

=GC=Campaign3:Image =GC=Campaign4:no bling bling=GC=Campaign5:Image

=GC=Campaign6:Image=GC=Campaign7:Image
gribble

Post by gribble »

in case someone still need a key : clicky clicky clicky me
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Great find, lets see if I get one of these,

(Lol, that was funny to register with these guys and always guessing which buton to click next)
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Ok, after playing it for a few hours...

The lag is unimaginable.

It's still extremely buggy, for example, the only mode you can play in the beta is titan, and one bug is that the titans sheilds randomly go back to full health, thus making Titan mode somewhat difficult.

Its hard to tell the teams apart because of the uniforms.

The hover tank is hard to use because the turret doesn't move, you can turn the tank, but you can't shoot infantry any closer then 200 km because the turrent doesn't go that low.

Again, vehicle splash damage is almost none existant, so if your a tank in a tight area and you have 1 infantry running around, dont expect to kill him, instead expect to be emp'd every 30 seconds until an enemy tank arrives and kills you.

There are some cool things, you can take off your body armor to get more stamina, the mobile spawn point transports are cool, the whole idea of the Titan is cool, the EMP is NOT cool, a lot of the new effects in the GFX engine are cool. The maps for the most part are the same as bf2, big large areas with little cover with small dense high cover areas strewn around.

To me, it just felt like I was playing a well done BF2 mod.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

alot of the vehicels were designed with teamwork in mind... yeah the hover tank cant shoot infantry but the gunner can, and can do it well... Circle strafing with the hover tank is awesome once you learn how to do it...

Shields regening is a new one to me :)

Lag has been bad since the get go..

I like the emp... gives apc's a chance to get away from tanks and walkers.

There are also unlocks to get better stamina
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Away? I was in a hover tank, when suddenly I got emp'd, and started taking microscopic amounts of damage, so when I unfreeze I manage to turn about 10 degrees, then I'm emp'd again, more unimaginably low amounts of damage are taken, after this happens about 10 times, I finally get my tank face to face with the apc, but he KEEPS emp'ing me. So after about 10 minutes I just hop out and get shot and he takes my tank :(. I can't really say this is a fair judgement of the game, because as you said it seems to be very teamwork based. Maybe when I play with some other GC guys it will seem better. Also, whats up with the scores? I shot an enemy out of the transport when the second he died my own team mate jumped in it and i was still shooting the bad guy's corpse when suddenly I team killed him, and my score went to -12! I had just joined the game!
CaptLanceUK

Post by CaptLanceUK »

DaGrooved1 wrote:but you can't shoot infantry any closer then 200 km because the turrent doesn't go that low.
200km is a freakin long way to have to shoot!!! :D
Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gravis

Post by Gravis »

DaGrooved1 wrote:
Away? I was in a hover tank, when suddenly I got emp'd, and started taking microscopic amounts of damage, so when I unfreeze I manage to turn about 10 degrees, then I'm emp'd again, more unimaginably low amounts of damage are taken, after this happens about 10 times, I finally get my tank face to face with the apc, but he KEEPS emp'ing me. So after about 10 minutes I just hop out and get shot and he takes my tank :(. I can't really say this is a fair judgement of the game, because as you said it seems to be very teamwork based. Maybe when I play with some other GC guys it will seem better. Also, whats up with the scores? I shot an enemy out of the transport when the second he died my own team mate jumped in it and i was still shooting the bad guy's corpse when suddenly I team killed him, and my score went to -12! I had just joined the game!
Did you use your active shield at all? also dont turn to face your enemy circle strafe... the emp has to be lobbed so start going sideways

As for score... some of the things are still wonky