BF2142 Demo release date

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

EA's official Battlefield series site: BF2142 News

Seems you can also get the demo from GameSpot starting at 9:00am PST (noon EST, 5 GMT).

You can also get the demo from EA downloader, but there's about a 15-min waiting period.

I'm exploring my other options as the download from the EU GC server is going at about 190 kb/s (the slowest it's ever been for me, doh!)
Hi!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

I got it from pvp.se. Downloading it now. Should be ok. What dll does it claim is missing?
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I downloaded from the GC mirror and got the same error, missing I think a directx dll file of some sort.

Just restarted the exe and got the filename: d3dx9_29.dll
Hi!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

GameSpot wrote:PLEASE READ: In an effort to reduce download times, the Battlefield 2142 Demo does not contain a DirectX installer. Please be advised that in order to play this demo players must have Directx9 installed and should ensure that the d3dx9_29.dll is present in your C:WINDOWSsystem32. See you on the Battlefield!
Fix: Download and install the latest Directx doodads link
Hi!
sahara

Post by sahara »

OK Sorry !
It wasn´t your file !!!
It was a problem from Directx, a damaged file ... :wink:

Lance Corporal.sahara(ger) Stonie's Fearless Bandits/Delta Force
Corporal.sahara(ger) Operation: X/10th SFG Europe
Veteran Poo Flinger (Private First Class).sahara(ger) SCUM Raiders/Ninja Simians
Private First Class.sahara(ger) Red's Devil Brigade/US Rangers
Titi

Post by Titi »

In my case it was a missing update.
I had 24 through 27, but not 29 of the d3dx9_##.dll

Thanks for the detective work Goggles!
And ph1l0r for providing a file to detect!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Worked for me out of the box. Played it for only three minutes but it really seems like there has been some serious progress between the beta and this demo.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
uberscooby

Post by uberscooby »

been try to login for about 5 hours I got to say its not off to a good start in my book
deathbot9000

Post by deathbot9000 »

uberscooby wrote:been try to login for about 5 hours I got to say its not off to a good start in my book
I was able to login immediately.
uberscooby

Post by uberscooby »

All I'm getting is server timed out please try again later :cry:
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

uberscooby wrote:All I'm getting is server timed out please try again later :cry:
I had that happen three times in a row, with about 5 minutes inbetween each attempt. I just quit, played Company of Heroes vs. my brother (who is in from out of town) and then later on successfully rejoined a server on BF2142 without error...
Hi!
uberscooby

first impression

Post by uberscooby »

I managed to get on in the end, my first impresion was well its certainly not a next gen game looks and plays more like a mod than a whole new battlefield game but I dont have a great spec PC for it to show me its all.

Feels like watching season 6 of trailer park boys I liked it but its not really all that same old, same old. It defintly leaves the FPS market wide open for another game to step in. When the hell is forgotten hope going to be finished I getting real bored waiting for that.
deathbot9000

Post by deathbot9000 »

it's not a next gen game, it's not supposed to be. it's Battlefield 2.5....a title to tide us over and make EA some money until they can create a new game engine for their next gen BF title....just like BF:V was.

Personally I liked BF:V more than BF42 (oh get angry BF purists!), so I'm hopeful for this game. I only got to play 10 minutes today, but it was a fun 10 minutes.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I played for about 5 min and from what I saw, it does look more like a mod. I am leaning toward getting COH at the moment, but I gotta play this some more first. I dont like the fact that the tanks dont have a secondary machine gun...the zoom is really dumb
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

I tried different servers, but everytime, after joining, I was kicked within 10 secs - "connection to server lost". I give up on video games I'm going back to bullying local kids. Its easier.