2142 Preorders....

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

I think my new sig says it all.
After coming back to playing BF2 in pub, and remembering how awfully messed up this game is....well, Im not giving EA any more support until they prove theyre worth it. Anything related to jets are WAY out of balance (J-10 owning everything, planes respawning so fast and bombing so fast, F-35 sucking...), theres still too many exploits (not even a HOTFIX for the karkand exploit), too many hacks and cheats, just too much horse****. BF2142 looks like it will be too much of the same, especially with the fact that you get free rank-whoring points for preordering. I dont like where things are going already.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

yes I agree to ur sig planky
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
deathbot9000

Post by deathbot9000 »

I gotta wonder why so many people who think the game sucks (or is so seriously flawed) spend so much time playing it.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Hehe. Forget the time they play it but "only" count the hours they spend on the forums talking it down. Spoiling the fun for the guys that are happy enough with it to actually play it.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

I play it because theres not much else TO play online, unfortunately.
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Actually I've been playing FEAR more than BF2 anymore.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
gribble

Post by gribble »

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/bf2142/

you have to be a paying subscriber
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I play BF2 because its already payed for and I have fun owning people with the poor quality control and imbalances.

Would I buy BF2 in hindsight? Maybe. GC requires it so that changes to a yes.

Would I buy BF2:SF in hindsight? Definitely not even with GC requiring it.

Would I buy either booster packs? Definitely not and havent, even tho they are cheap. EA realized that BF2:SF sales flopped and doing another expansion meant even less profit for them. They split the next expansion into 2 booster packs specifically because they felt they could make more money that way.

Would I pay for 2142? Only if EA releases it when its ready or sell it for $25 like BFV. Which is not in EA's gameplan. Its most likely going to be a bastard game that few play.
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

I have to say: After watching some Gameplay-video, i think playing it would be fun. Lots of nice features.
But i have to have a look on a open-beta or demo or whatever.

Hopefully they dont sell it on full-price. :(
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
gribble

Post by gribble »

and here some intel for the german userbase http://www.bf-news.de/newsartikel.php?sid=17340 . Looks like there will be some more info tomorrow :)
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Fileplanet announced a subscriber-only beta test for BF2142 already. Announced it a few days ago, actually. Cant say Im excited.