Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Nation @ War Downloads

Post by ph1l0r »

Hi there,

i've uploaded all files needed to play the Nation at War mod to the Euro Server. You will need the Standalone Client plus at least one Mappack.

The Downloads will only work if you (right) click the links in this post. Browsers usually send a Referrer Header with every request, the euro server checks for the referrer headers value, has to be g-c.org, if it's not or empty -> no download. Some Internet Security Applications filter this Header. Please turn it off to make the downloads work.

http://europe.global-conflict.org/mods/ ... dalone.exe 309MB
http://europe.global-conflict.org/mods/ ... ppack1.exe 676MB
http://europe.global-conflict.org/mods/ ... ppack2.exe 603MB
http://europe.global-conflict.org/mods/ ... ppack3.exe 525MB

http://europe.global-conflict.org/mods/ ... den-v3.exe 22MB
http://europe.global-conflict.org/mods/ ... n-v3.1.exe 77MB

I'll setup a server for us the next days too. If the mod is ok we'll give them a rematch and win again so they have no excuses left ;-)
Last edited by ph1l0r on Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

That's a lot of downloads :?
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Titi

Post by Titi »

madcow wrote:That's a lot of downloads :?
It was a lot of winning yesterday also, the only chance of getting some more is on their 'turf'. :twisted:
Download those things! :P

Seriously though, if you have a limit of download per month or somesuch, then at this time download the standalone and just the first map pack. This way we can get on to checking this thing out.

Btw: in the EA BF2 server menu use NAW as a map filter to find all the servers running this mod.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

ph1l0r, how does the mod play? I saw you were on a NAW server just now.

DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Wow...

309 + 676 + 603 + 525 + 22 + 77 = 2212GB!

That's almost half the size of the GC Mod for 1942! What does all this do exactly?
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

It's nicely done and all but vehicles are just a little toooooooo fast for my taste. Medic is a monster. Got a regular rifle, a shotgun and a pistol and heals himself without holding the medi pack in his hand hehe. If your health is low and you don't find a medic you die pretty quick. Armour is much more powerful but seems easier to destroy too. To me it felt more arcade than vanilla bf2 hehe. Thats just what i noticed by playing 30 minutes.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Titi

Post by Titi »

DaGrooved1 wrote:309 + 676 + 603 + 525 + 22 + 77 = 2212GB!
I am not sure you need the 22 and 77 if you are getting the current 676, 603, and 525. I think those are patches.

I have been told the engineer has claymore, AT mines and some hopped up shotgun.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Titi wrote:
madcow wrote:That's a lot of downloads :?
It was a lot of winning yesterday also, the only chance of getting some more is on their 'turf'. :twisted:
Download those things! :P

Seriously though, if you have a limit of download per month or somesuch, then at this time download the standalone and just the first map pack. This way we can get on to checking this thing out.

Btw: in the EA BF2 server menu use NAW as a map filter to find all the servers running this mod.
I don't have any download limits but I do have limited HD space and this takes up quite a large chunk. I've downloaded and installed the stand-alone mod and the first map pack so far. I am reluctant to download all 3 map packs though when I don't know if we are actually ever going to use this mod.

ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Euro Server is up with the Mod. I removed the password and enabled voting.

Madrat told me the map in the Mappack No1 which are first in rotation now.
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

DO NOT DL the mappacks yet. DL the mod and we will decide a map to play and DL only what we need.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Titi

Post by Titi »

I got on a NAW map with about 12 people for about an hour.
Of course it was pubbieland, so things like 8 vs 5 people for acouple maps did not make the experience great.

Running seems faster. It definitely is longer.
Shooting is faster.
blowing up is faster.
Vehicles are faster.
med kits are faster.
respawn is faster.
Everything seemed faster faster faster.
Engineers do have three claymores and anti personnel mines (I think) and supply kit.
I am not a top notch player, but I did hold my own after I got into the pubbie-spawncamp-baserape mindset.
I can see why they need more do not camp-rape rules, it is easier to do on this mod.

The visual and audio candy is flashier.

I agree with ph1l0r - it seemed more arcadish than vanilla bf2.
I do not see how they can play eight hours straight of this stuff, it was go!go!go! all the time.
Not my style, but I would be willing to put in a few hours over the next month to learn it and a couple maps and then scrim N@W.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Arcade depends on perspective. Tanks and vehicles in real life move alot faster than what vanilla tones them down to. How many bullets does it really take to kill someone, etc etc.

Faster pace may or may not be to peoples liking.
Titi

Post by Titi »

Some of the stuff may be closer to RL, but the med kits practically come out like shuffling a deck of cards.

And in RL if there werer that many pieces of high tech in such a small square of geography there surely would be a lot of quick carnage.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

I guess... modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10100

I was playing some NAW (N@W?) mod earlier today with Stonie and Titi and it does seem very different to Vanilla BF2. Planes are deathtraps now, the amount of AA is obscene with even the ground troops having AA missiles. I'm not too keen on the helicopters though...they seem far too maneuverable.

Titi

Post by Titi »

madcow wrote: the amount of AA is obscene with even the ground troops having AA missiles.
stinger mounted on bed of pickup truck also.