Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

Battlefield 2142 Patch v1.01

Post by gribble »

yeah.. no joke..

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fu ... ?id=106681
BUG FIXES
- Fixed Client Side Crash on Titan Mode.

We are all very excited with the release of Battlefield 2142 this week. Like you we are eager to play online and start collecting our Dog Tags. To be more proactive in our patching we are releasing a 1.01 patch to address a performance issue. This is a small patch, but well worth the stability it will give. Battlefield 2142 will notify you at the login screen if there is a newer version of BF2142 out. EA Downloader will then start if you have it installed. We are doing everything possible to ensure the best experience for BF2142’s first patch and appreciate your understanding.
http://www.fileplanet.com/169168/160000 ... atch-v1.01
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

yup, though they still have two servers running the 1.0 original version (one in USA, one in EU). There are about six or sevens servers currently running the 1.01 patch.

I've played on about four servers now (yea, I have the retail version). I get disconnected every three minutes with the message "cannot connect to EA Master Server". I'm not the only one.. it seems to be going straight down the list and disconnecting everyone bit by bit. (there's a constant stream of [player] disconnected from the server messages)
Hi!
recon35

Post by recon35 »

Well I pre-ordered it through the downloader....funny thing is when I left for work this morning it said I had 4 hrs left before install.....when I came home from work I had 19 hrs left????? For some reason the release was pushed back and all support for the game will not start until 1300 hrs EST US. Goggles, that's probably why you are loosing connection??
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Yeah. I was told by EB games that the realease was moved back to tomorrow.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

recon35-Fed wrote:Well I pre-ordered it through the downloader....funny thing is when I left for work this morning it said I had 4 hrs left before install.....when I came home from work I had 19 hrs left????? For some reason the release was pushed back and all support for the game will not start until 1300 hrs EST US. Goggles, that's probably why you are loosing connection??
It was happening as late as 16:00 EST. I just finished a fun session of about an hour and a half without disconnects though, seems to be working fine now

PS: I enjoy the game, it's fun.. haven't even noticed an ad yet?
Hi!
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Not getting the game. Not after that god damn slip of paper got leaked. Feck 2142. Im buying Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

WoodenPlank wrote:Not getting the game. Not after that god damn slip of paper got leaked. Feck 2142. Im buying Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
Thanks for the constructive input
Hi!
deathbot9000

Post by deathbot9000 »

Goggles wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:Not getting the game. Not after that god damn slip of paper got leaked. Feck 2142. Im buying Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
Thanks for the constructive input
word.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Now I just look like a silly goose:

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre ... maMVAAAKDw

EA now says theyre not monitoring ANYTHING in surfing history. Not sure what to believe on this crap. Meh. Now Im trying to decide if I want to go pick up my preorder or not.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

WoodenPlank wrote:Now I just look like a silly goose:

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre ... maMVAAAKDw

EA now says theyre not monitoring ANYTHING in surfing history. Not sure what to believe on this crap. Meh. Now Im trying to decide if I want to go pick up my preorder or not.
I've had a lot of fun in BF2142 in the last two days. Sure, there are some really screwy things going on (I got stuck with three teamkills because a transport decided to fly into my stationary walker.. how that's my fault I'll never know), but overall it's been a mighty fun experience
Hi!
cVetko

Post by cVetko »

thats probably because the transport heli exploded first and u second
mama...
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

cVetko wrote:thats probably because the transport heli exploded first and u second
I never exploded :P We had just captured a missle silo, and I was in my squad-leader screen issuing the next attack. So I was in the "driver" seat of my walker not even moving an inch, lol. The transport had landed next to me to cap the flag, and it took off straight into me after we got it. *doh*
Hi!
ButchLion

Post by ButchLion »

hey guys watch out they are recording your habits on the box version of BF 2142, has several players I know not going to purchase it.
BECOME A VOTABLE MEMBER!!!!
See ya in Da Game, Da Butcher
ButchLion.Image
aka [TRG]Butchvonlio, C4 PFC, C5 PFC, C6 CPL, C7 LTC , C8 Neutral, C9 Kpt., C10 Comodore, C11 lcp, C12 lcp, C13 lcp
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Read and understand what they are recording and you will see it's not thaaaat much of a big deal. They use your ip to determine from where you are to display you ad content ( which i haven't seen yet ) which fits your location.

Bought today and it's quite fun to play. Will probably need mucho more time to get used to all the new stuff and especially key bindungs but so far it's fun. Had a pretty good squad one map. One guy does the EMP, two Engineers fire AT rockets. Nice ;-)
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

It all depends if you believe what EA's PR and marketing say who know nothing other what the CEOs tell them to say. But with the publicity, they'll be careful on the wording they use and what they do. Your ISP prolly sells your personal information more than EA.