3th round on Metro was EPIC!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

fawadforlan

3th round on Metro was EPIC!

Post by fawadforlan »

Holy crap i just played the third round on Metro russian side, it was one of the best rounds so far.
I'm sure alot of people have stories to tell, share them here:D

We had 400 tickets left, and KI had 40 tickets left, then we lost the B flag and everything was a total chaos, i tooked 15 minutes and like 150 tickets to win the round. (EU server)
Last edited by fawadforlan on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: 3th round on Metro was EPIC!

Post by Chemical2 »

Metro
We started russian won that, then we lost as us and won again as ru and then they used reinforcments and we WON as us! HOOAH!
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Yup, on the NA server, we won 3 out of 4 rounds of Metro.
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

I usually enjoy Metro 16 or 32 player, however today's Metro battle was disgraceful. I've never seen such distasteful camping and use of 320/RPGs. It's one thing to stop and hide to ambush someone you know is coming. It's another to lay prone behind a object, place an ammo box next to you, and just wait to kill anyone that comes around the corner.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

BushMaster wrote:I usually enjoy Metro 16 or 32 player, however today's Metro battle was disgraceful. I've never seen such distasteful camping and use of 320/RPGs. It's one thing to stop and hide to ambush someone you know is coming. It's another to lay prone behind a object, place an ammo box next to you, and just wait to kill anyone that comes around the corner.
yea well your side did it so whats your point?
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

BushMaster wrote:
I usually enjoy Metro 16 or 32 player, however today's Metro battle was disgraceful. I've never seen such distasteful camping and use of 320/RPGs. It's one thing to stop and hide to ambush someone you know is coming. It's another to lay prone behind a object, place an ammo box next to you, and just wait to kill anyone that comes around the corner.
Well, spamming explosives is the most effective way to play Metro, if you want to win you gotta do it, and both KI and HiT did it. But I agree that's disgraceful, the Metro maps today were the least fun of all. We should think of establishing some rules beforehand that restrict the use of explosives.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

BushMaster wrote:I usually enjoy Metro 16 or 32 player, however today's Metro battle was disgraceful. I've never seen such distasteful camping and use of 320/RPGs. It's one thing to stop and hide to ambush someone you know is coming. It's another to lay prone behind a object, place an ammo box next to you, and just wait to kill anyone that comes around the corner.
Honestly, I expected nothing less. There was also plenty of USAS Frags as well.
And honestly speaking, it is the best way to win a round of Metro.

Regardless, it was fairly entertaining on the Server 2 (NA).
Image[/url]
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

I know both sides took part equally. My point is it takes away from the quality of gameplay. I expect it while pubbing, not in GC. GC in the past has taken steps to limit explosive spamming. It seems fitting to coninue tradition.

We, as a brotherhood and community, should strive to a higher level of sportsmanship. We need to keep separation from cheap tactics plaguing public servers.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

Only way to play decently on Metro is make it knives and pistols only...

Which I'd be ok with! :wink:
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

I'm with Bushmaster here. Playing the Metro rounds was a terrible experience. I saw more USAS users than on any two or three regular pub matches, and 320 spam was out of this world - seems like every time I hit somebody (with an M16, because I refuse to partake in the USAS) but didn't kill him, he'd pop up and start 320-ing my position.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

I'd be okay with limiting the use of certain weapons. Before we commit to anything though we should see what the new patch does.

Specifically the changes "explosives re-supply much slower from ammo crates" and "USAS pellets changed from 12 to 9."

This could have a dramatic effect on the way Metro plays, but we'll have to wait and see.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Chxrles

Post by Chxrles »

Nah, I said to a teammate before the Metro game started to use M320s. I had no doubt in my mind the enemy were going to use them so you gotta fight fire with fire. Personally I never find the need to use explosives, it's very 'unprofessional'. If you take away M320s and RPGs it'll become a grenade spam fest instead. Metro is just a bit of a cunt.
Evil_Jocey
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Evil_Jocey »

Chxrles wrote:Nah, I said to a teammate before the Metro game started to use M320s. I had no doubt in my mind the enemy were going to use them so you gotta fight fire with fire. Personally I never find the need to use explosives, it's very 'unprofessional'. If you take away M320s and RPGs it'll become a grenade spam fest instead. Metro is just a bit of a cunt.

I think the bigger problem is the number of players. Metro is just too small for 64 players - the bottlenecks are really too tight.

Also, you guys did a great job at RU-defense and the US-Attack in Round 4. =)
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

The point is i think that if you dont use those weapons you cant win as US, u cant break through i played with the usas frag and found it very usefull to shoot on the ground to kill people around corners or walls. i felt like grenades arent suficient because of the high medic rate. if you dont use explosives it will just always be a RU win with spraying support and reviving medics. Also we tried a couple of tactics but you dont have a lot of space and there arent alot of tactics available if you want to cap B. you only have 3 stairs and thats it. I found smoke of not so much use cause u spot throught it put a support down and spray them down. so thats basicly what i think but thats just me
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

as much as I love sharing tactical experiences with the enemy, don't do it.

To KI soldiers, you lost Metro on one server, get over it. Since the beginning of the campaign every time you lost somewhere I saw posts popping up in the public forums of you complaining about something. Deal with it within your army forums. I wonder if I would see this complaining if you had won on both servers again.

Now back on topic, twas an epic 3rd round! I'm glad that Corps II had a good time and winning as US is much harder so my compliments go there. As for Corps I, all I can say is, damned reinforcements perk! :lol:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General