Mantle performance information

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Mantle performance information

Post by Fields »

Some information supposedly leaked from CES. Apperently we can expect an improvement of up too 45%.
http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/m ... -up-to-45/

The patch was scheduled to release last year in December, but it's been pushed back to this year some time. What I really want to know is why it got pushed back? Is there a new patch coming soon for the game? Even with the game being in such a dire condition, DICE seems to be moving at a snail's pace with updates for BF4.
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Mantle performance information

Post by o1oo1 »

patches arent out because holidays and mantle pushed back because game is buggy
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

the 45% figure is for marketing purposes. the average joe would get less. but even so it looks pretty good.
however as long as the game is not fun to play, i don't really care about its performance.
plus my card is not supported. :(
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

o1oo1 wrote:patches arent out because holidays and mantle pushed back because game is buggy
In that case, one might wonder why they would schedule a huge API implementation patch at the end of December, when they are well aware FAR ahead of time that everyone in their dev. team will be AFK on holiday. It's kind of a weird decision.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Fields wrote: The patch was scheduled to release last year in December, but it's been pushed back to this year some time. What I really want to know is why it got pushed back? Is there a new patch coming soon for the game? Even with the game being in such a dire condition, DICE seems to be moving at a snail's pace with updates for BF4.
I'm not 100% certain but I'd be willing to bet it's because of how awful the optimization and performance BF4 has. Why would they want to release their API into a game that is just badly made? I don't think they were expecting such an awful product to be released.

And I'm not expecting 45% increase. I do expect an increase and much less CPU stress, but I'm not expecting miracles (at least not with BF4). I do think that this will be better overall for gaming down the road because it's blind to OS (unlike OpenGL or DirectX) and hopefully it will mean the big multi-system games won't be absolute crap on PC anymore because they won't be console ports into DirectX (assuming mantle is supported).
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died