Platoons are live!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Hgx

Platoons are live!

Post by Hgx »

Go ahead and make one GC, platoons have been implemented in BF 4 in the "Soldier" section.
Have in mind, only Premium members can create platoons.

Edit:
New GC platoon:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/pl ... 933989359/

Joining a platoon will automatically make you REPRESENT that platoon and with that it will change the next things:
Battlelog and in-game tag
Emblem
Title?
Example: Image

You can have (or be part of) multiple platoons, but only select ONE as ACTIVE and with that, it will change your tags.
Last edited by Hgx on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waxass366

Re: Platoons are live!

Post by waxass366 »

RlVDSyBUSEUgU1lTVEVNISBBTkFSQ0hZISEgVElUUw==
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

SWEET, that thing that was included when bf3 released is FINALLY out for bf4 after almost half a year
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Applied.
CekiHappy wrote:SWEET, that thing that was included when bf3 released is FINALLY out for bf4 after almost half a year
Dude, it's not so easy to come up with even more ideas on how to get ppl's money you know, tough sh3t.
And also it's not like it's pretty much the EXACT SAME THING :roll:
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

clear money grab by EA by making something that was integrated into battlelog for BF3 on day one not only delayed (most of battlelog didn't change at all), but limiting the creation of platoons to premium only.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Every single day that pass confirms my ideas that BF4 was developed by a whole new studio or someone was fired and messed pretty heavily with the code.

Anyway, how can you put this as a premium only thing ://////

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

elchino7 wrote:Every single day that pass confirms my ideas that BF4 was developed by a whole new studio or someone was fired and messed pretty heavily with the code.

Either that, or the "upgrade" from Frostbite 2 to 3 completely broke everything.
Sometimes I feel bad for the actual employees at DICE (the ones that don't get 4ss rich). Getting insulted 24/7.
elchino7 wrote:Anyway, how can you put this as a premium only thing ://////
EA - CHALLENGE EVERYTHING
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Platoons seem to override your tags somehow, or can you turn that off?
"fraking game mechanics"
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Divine-Sneaker wrote:Platoons seem to override your tags somehow, or can you turn that off?
nope, your active platoon overwrites your tags and it sticks as far as I'm aware. Not even sure if you can join multiple and set an "active" platoon, but as it stands it will overwrite your tags unless you leave the platoon.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Doesn't that render a GC platoon useless during a campaign? Army platoons, on the other hand, will be more useful.
Róka

Post by Róka »

mrBLUE9 wrote:Doesn't that render a GC platoon useless during a campaign? Army platoons, on the other hand, will be more useful.
For when there is no active campaign :D
ImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

mrBLUE9 wrote:Doesn't that render a GC platoon useless during a campaign? Army platoons, on the other hand, will be more useful.

while army platoons will be nice to ensure tags are right for battledays (ease off one thing for TAs), for people that pub with non-GC teams during the week it's going to be an annoyance. And during a campaign the GC platoon will be all but useless with the current setup.
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

wow - dice even screwed up platoons - whoever in dice thought that making your platoons 'active' so they can override your tags and emblem should be kicked in the nuts... repeatedly.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

insanityrocks wrote:wow - dice even screwed up platoons - whoever in dice thought that making your platoons 'active' so they can override your tags and emblem should be kicked in the nuts... repeatedly.
Pretty much all ppl at DICE deserve that to be honest.
If I (and pretty much everyone else) would provide a product in a similar state, I'd not only get fired, but I'd also go to trial.

OP UPDATED.
Nix

Post by Nix »

Guys, calm down. You can change your emblem and tags while in a platoon, you just have to go back and change them manually. No big deal.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA