Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

BF4C3 Feedback

Post by matsif »

ahoy folks -

This thread is intended to be a feedback thread for BF4C3. Please tell us what you liked, disliked, would like to see changed, etc. Everything and anything is on the table, and if there is enough responses we may come up with a poll to get some more directed feedback later.

basically we'd like to hear your thoughts on the following types of things:
-weapon bans
-BO battles
-server settings
-campaign system
-campaign map
-maps used for battledays
-punishment of rule infractions
-timing and general running of the campaign
-[insert other stuff we may have forgotten]

remember, just because it's not on the list doesn't mean it shouldn't be. we want to know what you think was great and should continue just as much as we want to know what you want changed to make this the best experience we can make it.

Thanks!

***special note*** Please keep these posts clean and not focused on any one person. Thank you.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Nix

Re: BF4C3 Feedback

Post by Nix »

My feedback:

-weapon bans
They were fine. The only thing I would add to it is the Stinger. However, I know that will never happen :(

-BO battles
I don't play these. No input.

-server settings
Nothing wrong.

-campaign system
Needs to be longer, somehow. I'm tired, I'll comeback and finish this thought later.

-campaign map
???? This requires feedback?

More vehicular rampages, less boots.

I would like limited All-chat. Like, "GG" and "Nice shot" It's a little meh not being able to communicate to your enemy it small forms like mentioned.

TAs, wat r u doing?
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Rellik_pt

Post by Rellik_pt »

Well the part i hate the most in this campaign was playing more that 3 times the same map, if the next campaign keeps that system i won´t play all rounds anymore because 2 hours just to play guilin peaks or zavod or hanai is too much. What happen to the away last campaign work, 3 rounds max?? that was more fun and more brutal.

This one was just plain boring the selection of maps was horrible, i cant stand the same damn maps all the time, please add the new maps form the last dlc and make it where only 1 or 2 versions of each map is avaibable for each faction to stop the same maps all the time. There is a total of 23 maps release to date without the shitty ones (operation retro and clocks) so a total of 46 maps for both teams (not counting the 32v,i or 64i versions just 64v), i know the world is 49 maps (if i count correct), so please make where the inf ones is the ones with less selection.

also guilin peaks there is no need for a 64i or 64v thats just silly its only one asset, what is the point of wasting other maps for that?

this is my rant on this campaign, rest was fine besides that anoying guy that was using c4´s all the time to kill tanks...
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Mmm...

People:
I think we need way more people than what we have now, I know it's not an easy task tho.

Maps used for battledays:
Now that the last DLC is not far away from coming out, I think we should add more map variety to the campaign. If not we always end up playing Zavod, Hainan, Goldmud, etc.

Timing and general running of the campaign:
More comited and time free people. I know it's not always easy to make it on time for GC stuff/events. I myself have failed here and there to be active lately, but I think we need to focus on getting people for important charges (TAs/HCs) that have the needed time, always.

:thumbup:
Róka

Post by Róka »

Great input, rant was fine :thumbup:
Rellik_pt wrote:rest was fine besides that anoying guy that was using c4´s all the time to kill tanks...
and :lol:
ImageImage
Nix

Post by Nix »

BAN C4
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Damonott
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Damonott »

-weapon bans
Less of them

-BO battles
no more IO some of the maps are just way to large for that. would be better to just limit some of the vehicles aka something like no air.

-server settings
good

-campaign system
maybe going back to best of 3 or something aling the same lines. playing one map 5 times in a battle day is rough.

-campaign map
good

good

was good when it was being enforced.

we need to find a way to make them last longer. maybe allow trading or balancing of sorts. one I heard was that in BO if you win something you can take a POW that will have to fight for you the following battle day.

have battle days half attack half defend. the defend days are never as fun as attack days.

-will think of more and add
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Weapon bans - Didn't miss any of the banned weapons. Keep it going.

BO battles - Weren't much fun. New modes (e.g. Chainlink, CTF) were particularly shitty in my opinion. This was made even worse due to numbers, which is also why BO should be Infantry Only.

Server settings - No issues. Can the 60s timer be shortened?

Campaign system - Was fine. Maybe consider lowering the max number of divisions per territory to 2. Potentially grinding through 6 matches on the same map would be agonizing. Not sure how it would affect the overall dynamic though.

Campaign map - No problem.

Maps used for battledays - Fine I guess.

Punishment of rule infractions - Fine

Timing and general running of the campaign - There were a number of instances with wrong server settings or server issues which could've easily been avoided if someone bothered to check them prior to the battleday.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

I don't feel strongly about anything, but I do agree with Nix on this part:
Nix wrote: -punishment of rule infractions
I would like limited All-chat. Like, "GG" and "Nice shot" It's a little meh not being able to communicate to your enemy it small forms like mentioned.
I think we're all mature enough to be able to speak to our enemies civilly and not call them cum-gargling commie bastards, like i do on teamspeak...
Spreez
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Spreez »

CekiHappy wrote:I don't feel strongly about anything, but I do agree with Nix on this part:
Nix wrote: -punishment of rule infractions
I think we're all mature enough to be able to speak to our enemies civilly and not call them cum-gargling commie bastards, like i do on teamspeak...
As much as I would like to say you are right, that has been shown to not be the case for everyone here from time to time. Especially in the moment in the heat of the battleday. This is one rule I fully support.
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

Weapon bans:
I think they were fine. Nothing seemed too crazy out there.

BO battles:
They were a bit all over the place but to be fair the modes were still being finalized. Maybe a shortened list on what we can attack maps wise based on user feedback on how the maps play out in the mode. I think with attendance being a bit low it made it worse than what it could have been.

Server settings:
All good. Sucks when they reset.

Campaign system:
I think we need less total divisions. It seems like we always had so many divisions that we could reinforce everywhere all the time. Less divisions will make you consider your attacks more carefully and also you wouldn't run into the issue of playing a map so many times. It adds another level of difficulty in the RISK strat.

Campaign map:
Confusing at the start but really informative once you take a minute to understand it. Maybe more connections into different continents?

Maps used for battledays:
Probably repeat what's been said already: too many of the same map with not much variation. 64i, 64v, 32i, 32v gets a bit tiresome after a couple of weeks.

Punishment of rule infractions:
End of the day, enemy of last campaign is your friend of the new campaign

Timing and general running of the campaign:
Great job by the TA's when they were there. When they weren't, it was good to see others step in to try and fill their shoes. Kuddos to everyone
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

Pending the CTE patch, I would like to see the health settings lowered to at least that of the last BF3 campaigns (80), if not all the way to hardcore (60). Guns feel inaccurate and useless, and while the CTE patch may fix this, I still think we should consider it. Also, in regards to the map, I would like to see a different map if only because it seems like we've been using the same one for so long.
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Rellik_pt wrote:Well the part i hate the most in this campaign was playing more that 3 times the same map, if the next campaign keeps that system i won´t play all rounds anymore because 2 hours just to play guilin peaks or zavod or hanai is too much. What happen to the away last campaign work, 3 rounds max?? that was more fun and more brutal.

...snip...
You would've hated the 7-round slugfests we had on Sharqi and other maps in some of the BF3 campaigns.

I suppose I was fine with most of the weapon bans.

The black ops were really hit or miss. The inf only CQ small and some of the CTF maps led to some very fun rounds. Unfortunately, most of the rush maps are crap in terms of both balance and just general design. If we continue playing rush, we need to take a long look at which ones are actually balanced and fun. I also think it was really stupid to award a capital city based on taking a certain number of m-coms. Some maps, the defender wins 90% of the time and some the attackers win 90% of the time. When we were doing Risk cards, or BO store cash, it makes sense to award points per m-com, but if WCP is at stake, rush maps should be played with both armies taking a turn to attack and the army that gets more gets the city. There is a similar problem with the way CTF and obliteration were scored. It led to (both armies) playing a lame turtling style to some degree from time to time.

Other than the black ops stuff, I think the campaign map and system were good.

I think a TA or two didn't have certain powers with regards to changing server settings. That should probably be resolved. A few "jets live" calls were missed. A couple times, the server wasn't set right and rounds had to be restarted. I think this is just due to not having enough experienced people who are willing to TA that have the time available and dedication to show up every week and run things. This is just a minor complaint. Not trying to take a dig at any of the TAs. That's just the way it is with this game. Overall, the campaign ran smoothly.

Spoiler: show
I think everyone wants a long, hard-fought campaign. The campaign system and rules we have in place should be conducive to that. What we need is steady attendance and a large enough population of players to fill a server from the beginning of the battleday to the end. And we need fresh, enthusiastic, yet somewhat experienced generals, HCs and officers to lead them. At this point in BF3's life cycle, we were in a campaign where almost all of our officers (except a couple wise old HCs) were in their 2nd or third campaign. The general GC population was a lot more involved in the strategy discussions and AARs. In the after battle debrief, so many people had input to where their army could improve. Now, most people (many officers included) just mute their mics. Back then lots of people got involved in map strategy writing, and AAR threads were often 4+ pages long. I think we all know that that isn't the case any more. I hypothesize that there are two things causing this (actually just one):
1) There isn't enough fresh blood. Looking at army rosters, I'd say the majority of active members came to GC in the BF3 era. Everyone's got it figured out already. There's no itch to innovate strategy. There aren't a ton of people trying to climb the rank ladder and become SLs, officers etc... Don't get me wrong. There are some, and you guys are awesome. There just aren't enough.
2) In general, people just aren't excited for BF4. Judging by my battlelog friends list, which is almost full and consists of mostly people I've met through GC or a little scrimming back in BF3, people just aren't that into the game. Any night I open battlelog, I see 2 or 3 people pubbing, at most. Right now, there is 1. I can personally only tolerate pubbing in this game for about an hour at a time. And that is only on rare occasions these days, and not for a lack of time. I really only like playing it in GC on fun maps and if rounds are close. If my team is stomping or getting stomped, I usually just leave and go play Dota or something. This is coming from someone who earned his golden shitbucket in BF3 and played all 6 hours of battledays any time he was at home on a Saturday in BF3. I think this lack of enjoyment of the game also leads to problem one. I mean, we brought hundreds of people to sign up for GC in BF4C2. I think we did a pretty good job of rotating people in and trying to show them the GC ropes. But how many have stuck around? Certainly not enough to keep a server full. I don't think that's really GC's fault. I think that's BF4's fault.

#BF3CampaignPls #NotThatItWillGetNumbersUp #ButAtLeastItIsNotShit
#OrBFBC2
^Mostly Nostalgia^
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Nix

Post by Nix »

Spreez wrote: As much as I would like to say you are right, that has been shown to not be the case for everyone here from time to time. Especially in the moment in the heat of the battleday. This is one rule I fully support.
CoughsnookCough.

Why not just kick who ever trash-talks in all-chat? So what if someone broke a rule from time to time. Why punish us all?

I DEMAND JUSTICE!!!!!!!1!!!!23561352235613~~
ICallIDTheft

Post by ICallIDTheft »

I don't really have time to read all of this, but pretty much Bock's hashtags. #BF3PLS