Patch 1.2 movie trailer available!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Patch 1.2 movie trailer available!

Post by undrt0w »

BF2.se has publicized an interesting article concerning the highly anticipated 1.2 patch of Battlefield 2. Indeed, they managed to try-out the patch, which should be available in 2 weeks, against Dice!

Check The Article

DL The Trailer Of The New Patch

PS. I Hate u DICE, i honestly DO!!!!! :evil:
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Arrg, C4 takes longer to trigger, How easy do these guys think it is to run at a tank and blow it with C4 anyway. Mostlikely it will be nearly impossible to blow them now. Well I guess I will have to see how it realy affects gameplay. :?
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Arg, c4 takes longer to blow!!! Well as long as they fix the switch bug, so I stop blowing myself up, instead of throwing c4 etc.!
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Erm? How comes you believe c4 takes longer to blow? I don't see that in the movie. I see Spec Op is able to pick up c4 which is gooood. Last but not least we can just sit and wait and check it out ourselfes when the patch is ready. The majors changes to me from the videos are not beeing able to jump and shoot and the additional delay when i comes to crouching (will give leroy a hard time i guess) and that grenades from grenade launcher bounce and don't explode on contact.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Cause when you throw it etc. you can't detontae till it hits the ground...
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Redman

Post by Redman »

*Patting myself on the back*

I called how they were going to fix the gl timer issue right, the grenade will bounce off till it is armed! Cool! No more GL Shotguns! Also means you can shot the GL around corners and into windows by bouncing it off the wall like a grenade. :wink:

And to see the bunnyhopper cry, that will be so sweet! 8)

Chopper pilots are going to hate this patch. Only two hits from a more accurate AA to take down the chopper! :twisted:

I think the Support might get some more play with the spread cut down so it is more accurate but then it takes longer to go prone so it might balance it out.

I am real interested to see how they cut the spread of the sniper rifle down and how the new second teir sniper unlock will fire and the damage it will do. I dont think it will effect the M24 much but the SVD may get a bit more use if you can rapidly and accurately fire quickly.

Overall I am extremely excited to see the new patch in action with all that is promised.

Let the whining commense! :twisted:
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

I want Krispy Kremes!
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Infini7e.Zero

Post by Infini7e.Zero »

if we can bounce the 203 off walls, does that mean we can bounce it off of enemie's heads? =D
"Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Post by Guest »

*Bump
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Heres my question: doe the 203 work just like the BF42 explansion GL did, where it ALWAYS bounces until its timer runs down, or will it only bounce if it has not traveled far enough to arm its contact fuse, but blow on impact if it HAS traveled far enough to arm.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
ColonelHogan

Post by ColonelHogan »

F-the C4, what about being able to shoot down the UAV's, that will really affect gameplay in GC.
schnee

Post by schnee »

...very nice that UAV is now a little plane which can be "killed", puts a little more realism in the game :D
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

yeah its kinda contradicting since all battlefield games werent based much on reality!

the GL will take some time to load, so in long distances it will blow on impact.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

LINK

interesting video showing some more footage of the upcoming patch
Welcome Committee Member

basmans_grob

Post by basmans_grob »

The weaking of the C4 will up the need for AT, which I think is a good thing