[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Star Citizen] Chris Roberts is back in the gaming indus

Post by haruky »

Chefcook wrote:The package that you pledged for haruky is better:

- During the last few days it was announced that every package with 125$ and above will reveive the Box (the green one)
(so that is allready included)

- When we reached 5 Million (i think) Roberts said, that all Ships we pledged for have LIFETIME insurance. Not only 6 months..
Yeahh, I missed the update on that one. :mrgreen:
I saw the collector's edition box for the $250 pledge. I just might have to upgrade to the $250 and get myself a nice RSI Constellation. I hope it comes with a digital copy of the game and I can get all the stuff (like the credits/ship/lifetime insurance) w/o needing an activation key. I don't want to open the box for for the game.. Curse me for my collecting habits... and....

CURSE YOU CHEF!!!!!!! Finding out about Star Citizen has made me put in $250 on a game that is no where near release and is not bound to release until 2014...
Image[/url]
Mordred
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Mordred »

I think this also has something to do with the grace period mentioned on the website. If you were signed up to the website before the funding campaign ended you can still order the packages and addons that were available 24 hours before the end of the campaign. This period should last at least through the coming weekend. If you sign up after the end of the campaign you will only see the new prices and the reduced features, this is why you see different things after you logged in.
Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die!
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Mordred wrote:I think this also has something to do with the grace period mentioned on the website. If you were signed up to the website before the funding campaign ended you can still order the packages and addons that were available 24 hours before the end of the campaign. This period should last at least through the coming weekend. If you sign up after the end of the campaign you will only see the new prices and the reduced features, this is why you see different things after you logged in.
Well I've gone and done it. Bought myself the $250 package. I'm looking forward to the Grey Collector's Edition box! It will also never be opened. (sorry henidhor...)

Also, please fill out this form when you get the chance!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... E6MQ#gid=0
Image[/url]
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

haruky wrote:Well I've gone and done it. Bought myself the $250 package. I'm looking forward to the Grey Collector's Edition box! It will also never be opened. (sorry henidhor...)
You don't have to apologize to me; I'll never judge you haruky. But say, uh, someone opened that box and removed all the contents and replaced it with something of a similar weight you wouldn't notice? :wink:
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

haruky wrote: I hope it comes with a digital copy of the game and I can get all the stuff (like the credits/ship/lifetime insurance) w/o needing an activation key. I don't want to open the box for for the game.. Curse me for my collecting habits... and....
Do you have a collection of unopened games?
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Calloutman wrote:
haruky wrote: I hope it comes with a digital copy of the game and I can get all the stuff (like the credits/ship/lifetime insurance) w/o needing an activation key. I don't want to open the box for for the game.. Curse me for my collecting habits... and....
Do you have a collection of unopened games?
Most of my collection is opened b/c I still like to play the games. But games that I have some sentimental feelings towards (Like the Metal Gear Solid franchise, Final Fantasy franchise, and Halo, and some other games), I try to get sealed copies of them for my collection.
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

hahaha, we were just talking about this yesterday haruky, i will have to look for my black label copy of Xenogears ;)

about the collectors edition, i assume the $250 amount doesnt have to be a single pledge right? say you bought some addons and the total is $250 or higher you would still get the silver box.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:hahaha, we were just talking about this yesterday haruky, i will have to look for my black label copy of Xenogears ;)

about the collectors edition, i assume the $250 amount doesnt have to be a single pledge right? say you bought some addons and the total is $250 or higher you would still get the silver box.
Yup. I was originally at the Lancer package ($125) and so I only paid $125 more to get to the $250 package.

Dude, if you find a sealed black label of Xenogears... You'd be a few hundred bucks richer.
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

haruky wrote:
SeraphiM0352 wrote:hahaha, we were just talking about this yesterday haruky, i will have to look for my black label copy of Xenogears ;)

Yup. I was originally at the Lancer package ($125) and so I only paid $125 more to get to the $250 package.

Dude, if you find a sealed black label of Xenogears... You'd be a few hundred bucks richer.
i do wish i was more forward thinking with my games when i was younger. although it was rare finding any copy of Xenogears when i bought mine. oh the good ol' days before digital distribution.
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Just remember: When you upgrade your previous Pledge, you will not have the lower tier Ship. Just the higher one.

The opposite is for the ADD-On Packages wich add (obviously) to your allready bought things.
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Rather than GC fleet, how about checking out Gold Wing? I'm guessing everyone here has a golden ticket?
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

I personally like it, to have a smaller, more personal fleet, to fly with.
If anybody wants to join the Big Fleets i am totally ok with it and can understand why.
Its just not my cup of tea!

Chef
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

i dont think i have a golden ticket. i see nothing on my account about it but i want to fly with GC in a smaller fleet.
FlaminWalrus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by FlaminWalrus »

I would stick with GC Fleet. More awesomeness concentrated in one small fleet
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

I think another good name would be:

interGalactic Conflict incorperated

short

iGCi

And i really dig the small elite fleet image. And i can say one thing for sure.
When they are trying to capture our bigger Ships, a whole lot of First-Person-Shooter-Ass-WHoopin-HotShot-Killer Players will face them, when they open the hatch!

Bad Idea, my little Pirate friend. BAD Idea!
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!