[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: [Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Post by Gwynzer »

The game is free to play for the Rest of the month.

Would be happy to get a group together to frak around in some big ships.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Gwynzer wrote:The game is free to play for the Rest of the month.

Would be happy to get a group together to frak around in some big ships.
When did it even release? I thought it was still essentially a tech demo.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

right now its sorta between a tech demo and a beta. If you havent played it yet, give it a shot, but i dont reccomend playing it for more than a couple hours because you'll be burning yourself out before the official release.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

CekiHappy wrote:right now its sorta between a tech demo and a beta. If you havent played it yet, give it a shot, but i dont reccomend playing it for more than a couple hours because you'll be burning yourself out before the official release.
This.

I've dipped in and out to check their progress, but there are some pretty significant performance issues at the moment anywhere outside of their arena shooter, due to the way their placeholder networking operates at the moment. Like one of the devs said, "the server shouldn't inform you when someone kicks over a trash can half a million kilometres away". There are two releases planned in the next six months, the second one should largely implement the new networking system and greatly expand the available game. If that second release is all they claim it to be, I'll probably start playing more.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Also this Image
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Developer Status Update
Spoiler: show
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Has it released yet or is it feature complete? I am interested in trying it when it's out.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

God no, dont expect it for another year at minimum
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

CekiHappy wrote:God no, dont expect it for another year at minimum
It's been a year away for the past two years. I get the feeling that they didn't really have a clear idea of where they were going until about 2014. That said, they are doing some pretty awesome stuff now and seem to be making good progress, so I think about a year is a reasonable estimate.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

"[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012." FFS our beloved Robert from Robert space industry
raped our money for our love. 2018 will doubly be when this will be out.
all you can see on you-tube is people talking about more and more ships, nothing can be used 100%.
single player game- I own it, can't play it. open world- in alpha? don't know can't even sit in my ship and
do space battle noises (pichio pio pio bacccckggg lukeeee who's your dadddy?).

game launcher is not even launching, they couldn't even shut up and take our money (1 mil $ of it)
to open a company support center( not even fake one in India). even EA the worst company winner 3-4 times now?
the above ground branch of hell on earth got a chat support center that can waste 30 mins of your time, instead
of 2 weeks of 1 email per day from a player who volunteered to support players freely taking over his company's
fracking job.

Is there anyone who could get in the game this week without any problems? without changing ,editing, tweaking anything?
just getting his game VIA the launcher which whole purpose is to download self update and install without any of the above done for it? if so tell me how. (y) :evil: (grounded)

in the time we've waited flaming Walrus have been extincted globally by chefs! and our beloved chefcook perished in kitchen fire while trying to cook one!