[CoH2] On sale @GMG for $10. Check OP!

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Re: [Company of Heroes] Mini Tourney! UPDATED! Check last po

Post by CountBelasarius »

This Saturday won't work for me. This Sunday and the weekend after work for me.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Okay, so it looks like the weekend of March 3rd is the set date for the ONE DAY tournament.

Now the question is, how many of you would be interested in a 2-3 week long tournament that would be commentated by myself and HGX?

The games would NOT take place all at once but rather it will take place on certain days that can be scheduled out.

Do you guys prefer a one day tournament? Or one that can take longer and be commentated on?
Image[/url]
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Certainly can't be here the 3rd of march, you can remove me ♥
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

I'd like it drawn out, but I'd also be fine with a one day tourney ^.^
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Fields wrote:Certainly can't be here the 3rd of march, you can remove me ♥
Well, if the tournament is longer and each "round" takes place over the course of a week, then there is no set time that it takes place. If people want it to finish up in a single day, then I will remove you. BUT! if it takes a longer period of time, then you can still play!

Vote people vote!

So far we have:

Commentary Tournament: 2 Votes (Kuchenfari & myself)
One Day Tournament: 0 Votes
Image[/url]
Madsgyver
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Madsgyver »

I like the sound of the long option. How would the commentating work? Like you and Hgx would watch the replay together and commentate as stuff is happening? Cause that sounds awesome and way preferable to a one day marathon where several people would have to sit out because they can't make that exact day.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Madsgyver wrote:I like the sound of the long option. How would the commentating work? Like you and Hgx would watch the replay together and commentate as stuff is happening? Cause that sounds awesome and way preferable to a one day marathon where several people would have to sit out because they can't make that exact day.
Yup. That's what would happen.

So as each pair of teams play their best 2 of 3s, they would send us a file of their replay. Myself and HGX will then commentate these and put these on Youtube or something and we can post these videos in this thread or we can have a day where we all sit around on TS and we can stream the replay live while I commentate with HGX.
Image[/url]
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Madsgyver wrote:I like the sound of the long option. How would the commentating work? Like you and Hgx would watch the replay together and commentate as stuff is happening? Cause that sounds awesome and way preferable to a one day marathon where several people would have to sit out because they can't make that exact day.
^This.

The commentating system in COH works like this (every single replay caster does it like this)

Both "casters" open the replay (and of course something like skype or TS) and pause it at 0:05 mark. The one actually recording counts from 0:05 to 0:10 and that's all.

I, ofc vote for the long tournament, I think that it's better for everyone to find the time to play + for Haruky and me to cast the games.
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Re: [Company of Heroes] Mini Tourney! UPDATED! Check OP!

Post by Gonzo »

You can put me on the noob list. And I also vote for the drawn out tournament, if only because I have a hard time making sundays right now.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

LoRdG0nZo wrote:You can put me on the noob list. And I also vote for the drawn out tournament, if only because I have a hard time making sundays right now.
I've added you.

Looks like so far, the drawn out tournament is the route to go.

We also have a slight issue. There are too many "noob" players and too few "vet" players. So far there are 7 vets, and 10 noobs.

I'm not sure how we can even this out yet. If we don't get enough vet players before this weekend, we may need to take drastic action and have to ask some of the "noob" players to drop. I don't want anyone to drop so that'll be a last resort. If there are any GCers who have played a lot of CoH and would like to join, please do!

Or in any case, if there are any noob players who weren't too interested to play to begin with, let me know!
Image[/url]
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

you can add me/drop me whatever is needed. :D
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Damnit Haruky, you forgot about me!
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hashey wrote:Damnit Haruky, you forgot about me!
ahah. I wasn't sure if you were still interseted or not. I've added you.

Also, a little update...

We have 11 "noob" players and 7 "vet" players. We need to come up with a solution.

1.) Pair up the 4 "noob" players with a "Hard" level AI so that we have 4 new teams.
2.) Have the best 2 "noob" players act as "vets" and pair them up with the 3rd and 4th best "noob" players.

Those are the 2 options we have. Does anyone else have any suggestions for this problem? If not, I'm going to flip a coin and make a decision by Friday night.

I plan on creating teams by Saturday SBT and the first match will be done on Sunday the 24th unless there is schedule conflicts for the people that have their match on the 24th.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Company of Heroes] Mini Tourney! CHECK LAST POST. PLS V

Post by haruky »

Okay guys,

I've come up with randomly generated teams (randomly paired up nominal numbers that classified each player). I used the option #2.

The two "noob" players acting as "vets" were Hashey and Tactical. I personally thought that CallIDTheft and Fields were the "more experienced" players among the "Noob" list. If there are any objections to what I did, please let me know.

If I hear nothing before the end of Friday night, the teams will be final and I will start the tournament up.

I'll post the teams/brackets tomorrow night (more like Saturday midnight...) if I don't hear anyone come up with a better solution than the option #2 that I took.
Image[/url]
Kuchenfari

Re: [Company of Heroes] Mini Tourney! CHECK LAST POST. PLS V

Post by Kuchenfari »

How about doing double elim/swiss system (probably double elim, swiss would be every team playing against every other team once which would be loads of games) for this one? It would be drawn out even more, but those systems are a lot more forgiving for bad performance in a match and be more about who performs the best overall. :P