[CoH2] On sale @GMG for $10. Check OP!

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Company of Heroes] Mini Tourney! CHECK LAST POST. PLS V

Post by haruky »

Kuchenfari wrote:How about doing double elim/swiss system (probably double elim, swiss would be every team playing against every other team once which would be loads of games) for this one? It would be drawn out even more, but those systems are a lot more forgiving for bad performance in a match and be more about who performs the best overall. :P
I might do a double elimination for this tournament. Might give people a chance to play more than just a round. And since this is going to be a long tournament, it just might work. I'll have to check in with HGX to see if he's got the time to do it though. If he says it's a go, I'll do double eliminations!

I'll see if I can get some games as prizes as well.

Also, please read this:

----------------------------------

Okay guys,

I've come up with randomly generated teams (randomly paired up nominal numbers that classified each player). I used the option #2.

The two "noob" players acting as "vets" were Hashey and Tactical. I personally thought that CallIDTheft and Fields were the "more experienced" players among the "Noob" list. If there are any objections to what I did, please let me know.

If I hear nothing before the end of Friday night, the teams will be final and I will start the tournament up.

I'll post the teams/brackets tomorrow night (more like Saturday midnight...) if I don't hear anyone come up with a better solution than the option #2 that I took.
Image[/url]
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

You put me in the advanced section? :cry:
Okay, np.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Fields wrote:You put me in the advanced section? :cry:
Okay, np.
I think that compared to the other "noob" players, you still have more hours played than them.
It was a little difficult to choose which "noob" player could act as a "vet" :c

I'm going to be putting up brackets tonight unless anyone wants to speak up.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Company of Heroes] Mini Tourney! BRACKETS, MAPS, SCHEDU

Post by haruky »

BIG NEWS EVERYONE!

I've got brackets and maps up!!!!!!!!!

http://challonge.com/gccoh

I'll be updating the tournament via that link until the end.

First Off... Format of the tournament.

Each team must win a best 2 of 3. The faction that a team starts the match with will be determined via coin-flip. After the first round, both teams must swap to the other faction.

Example:

Round 1: Team 1 gets heads and choose Axis
Round 2: Team 1 now plays as Allies
Round 3 [If applicable]: Team 1 now plays as Axis

Does this make sense to everyone? This is really the only rule for the tournament other than the usual "no glitches" and such.
Also, please make sure to save EVERY REPLAY of games that you've played. This is so that we can confirm wins and losses. When we get to quarter finals stages, the replays will have commentary from myself and HGX.

Because it is now a DOUBLE ELIMINATION tournament, HGX and I only really have time to cast a few games. So we'll be only casting the quarter finals, semi finals, and the finals.

Now, I understand the time constraints a lot of us have. We all live in different time zones between players so ultimately, matches will only take place on the weekends as most weekdays are gonna be near impossible to schedule.

Unfortunately, Group A got the short end of the stick as they'll be playing 1 more round than everyone else. This is b/c there were only 9 teams. Sorry guys!

Anyway... Here we go! If people are unable to make these times. PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO WE CAN ARRANGE SOMETHING! Also, would you guys rather hold some of the matches on Battleday (2.23.2013) rather than on a Sunday?

2.24.2013 @SBT
Hashey & CallID vs Rob & LordGonzo

2.24.2013 @SBT +2
haruky & intrepid blue vs Arc & BloodRaptor
Starfisher & Kuchen vs Tactical & Fields

3.2.2013 @ SBT+6
Loser of D vs Loser of A

3.3.2013 @ SBT
Loser of E vs Winner of K

Quarter Finals:
TBD!!!
Last edited by haruky on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image[/url]
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Re: [Co. of Heroes] Tourney! BRACKETS! MAPS! SCHEDULES in OP

Post by Robawillis »

Can't do tomorrow at SBT got a meeting, also why is the A teams in the first bracket twice, one for the actual match and then the loser bracket, it would mean they have to play an extra round compared to everybody else
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Robawillis wrote:Can't do tomorrow at SBT got a meeting, also why is the A teams in the first bracket twice, one for the actual match and then the loser bracket, it would mean they have to play an extra round compared to everybody else
That's just how double eliminations work. I'm not sure if there's anyway to avoid it.
I forgot about the meeting at SBT. We can hold another round and Rob & Gonzo can play at SBT +4 if that works.
Image[/url]
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

I can't make Sunday either. I usually have time on mon - thu @ sbt-1 until about sbt+4, fridays @ sbt+2 til sbt+5 and the whole of saturday, provided I know early enough, so I can plan around it.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

LoRdG0nZo wrote:I can't make Sunday either. I usually have time on mon - thu @ sbt-1 until about sbt+4, fridays @ sbt+2 til sbt+5 and the whole of saturday, provided I know early enough, so I can plan around it.
If people can't do Sundays, we could just do it tomorrow. People would be on relatively same playign field since no one will have had the chance to practice.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Robawillis wrote:Can't do tomorrow at SBT got a meeting, also why is the A teams in the first bracket twice, one for the actual match and then the loser bracket, it would mean they have to play an extra round compared to everybody else
So basically, whoever wins that first round will have to play against Duke & Flu/Ceki. Sorry that it ended up this way. Group A just ended up with the short end of the stick. :c
Image[/url]
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

I'll be moving to my apartment today and tomorrow (23 and 24) so I'll be unable to play both days, but that's it for me.

Gl & hf, remember guys, this is a tournament just for fun :D
Coloneluber

Post by Coloneluber »

For future reference, most "pro" CoH torunaments are organized in such a way that if there is a round 3, sides are determined by the sum of VPs at the end of the two games (annihilation also counting as zero). Whoever had the most total VPs gets faction choice for the final game. Makes the game more fair than just a random coin toss. I know cause I've played in them.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Coloneluber wrote:For future reference, most "pro" CoH torunaments are organized in such a way that if there is a round 3, sides are determined by the sum of VPs at the end of the two games (annihilation also counting as zero). Whoever had the most total VPs gets faction choice for the final game. Makes the game more fair than just a random coin toss. I know cause I've played in them.
That seems fair. I'll do it this way then.

Also. Brackets are being changed. We got a 10th team. Please welcome SAO and CognitoCon for our 10th team!

http://challonge.com/gccoh

Bracket has been updated. We'll see if we can have Round 1 teams play today or tomorrow. Please let me know when each team is available to play.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Okay. I'm gonna remove Fields off the "Noob Vet" list and replace him with Ceki. Sorry fields!
Image[/url]
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

(Edited because of noobish and stupidity feelings about playing against some other players of GC)

~BlooDRaptoR1
Last edited by BlooDRaptoR1 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sao »

Haruky am I playing today.... as I am about to play LeveL :O