H1Z1 - SOE's Zombie MMO

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: H1Z1 - SOE's Zombie MMO

Post by Jokerle »

here is some early footage as well
phpBB [video]
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Yeah running zombies seemed nice. I like the idea of a horde...its making the threat of a zombie a lot bigger, as opposed to DayZ now where they are just being a pain in the butt by glitching into the walls. With this being said I hope the gun mechanics are good as well.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

After watching the stream I got even more excited for this game. They have around 16-20 people working on the game, and have been working on it for 6 months, and this is what they've accomplished so far? Holy crap. All the devs on the team also seem like really cool people.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Yeah. What originally perked my interest is that this isn't an "idea". They actually have a product which works, but is incomplete. They have a pretty skilled and dedicated staff working on the team. They are a team who interact (mostly) very well with the community.
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

So early acces is announced for January 15. Even though the game will be f2p, I believe it will be pay to enter the early acces. Anyone gonna try it out?
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I'll be in.
YouSawNothing

Post by YouSawNothing »

I'll give it a try.
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Available: 15 January
This game will unlock in approximately 2 hours.

WOOOOH
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Staying away from it for a week or two at the very least. Very unhappy with SOEs business practices, and some of the decisions they've taken regarding this game. It looked promising to begin with when they were talking about it, but now it's looking more worrying than anything else.
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Like what then? Haven't been following things about this game lately.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

SOEs business choices and actions specifically with Planetside have been pretty poor. The games are sharing the same engine. They have made very large changes which were meant to be one step in a two- or three-step system, such as how territory is linked in the game and the way resources work. These systems have all been step 1 for over a year, step 1 is worse than what they were before. SOE are making no efforts to continue. They are hiding more and more basic features behind a paywall, and introducing more systems which the community totally hates in order to bring in more money. During this their servers have been getting worse and worse, game performance gets worse every patch. They take forever to fix some major balance issues, always miss the target and overnerf. There has been a game breaking bug in the game which effects all players of a certain playstyle that has existed now for 158 days. It seems development has went entirely towards developing the PS4 version, which is fair enough as they are SONY Online Entertainment, but while doing this it feels like the PC group is being crap on and used as a throwaway beta test group.

Supposedly things are just as bad for some of SOEs other games right now, I don't know for myself though.

H1Z1 wise, they are hiding certain gamemodes (at least for the beta, I don't know how it will work on release) behind paywalls. You have to earn "event tickets" or buy them for money in order to play certain ways. That's a big change on what they set out saying how the game and pay system would work.

SOE is a company that I was very confident of when they announced this game. Not so much anymore. Despite their problems though, the games they have *are* still very fun despite the issues. I'll probably get it at some point, but I'm going to wait and see before I throw any money into this eventually free-to-play game. Just via Early Access, SOE are already setup to make over $1 Million on day one. And they are still hiding things behind paywalls. That's insane!
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

SOE going back on their word within a day of release:
http://i.imgur.com/9CE4FpH.jpg

At the same time, their response, which I find to be part faair in that I see what they are going for, but it's still a massive dick move:
http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2slbmc/airdrops/
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

I actually had some hope of this being a decent game. Damnit soe
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Their feedback and how they have and are handling this is alright. I still don't think it's decided if it's a good game or not. IT's a bit short sighted to be making predictions on week 1 of Early Access.
YouSawNothing

Post by YouSawNothing »

Now that this has been out for a month now, those of you that played it what are your thoughts?