Rainbow Six: Siege

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Rainbow Six: Siege

Post by matsif »

phpBB [video]

This looks amazing. First FPS game I've been 100% truly excited for before release in a long time. I loved previous Rainbow Six titles on PS2, and this looks extremely promising. I trust Ubisoft only slightly more than I trust EA but of the "next gen" FPS games shown so far this year, this looks to be the best to me in comparison to BF:Flatline and the next COD installment.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege

Post by Gwynzer »

That would have been so much better if those players weren't totally situationally unaware, overall crap and actually playing games and had less crap voices. Looks really interesting though I really like the look of that game!
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I don't understand in the reveal gameplay video, why they don't immediately exit the house after they get the hostage for the first time. They enter the room, kill the terrorist, grab the hostage, and decide to stick around for another 5 minutes. They even had climbing ropes just to get into the place. :roll:

It might be interesting, but I don't think I'll be buying a ps4 anytime soon.

This, however:
phpBB [video]
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Fields wrote:I don't understand in the reveal gameplay video, why they don't immediately exit the house after they get the hostage for the first time. They enter the room, kill the terrorist, grab the hostage, and decide to stick around for another 5 minutes. They even had climbing ropes just to get into the place.

And then go to leave by the same window they entered. . . .
Hypol33t

Post by Hypol33t »

Gwynzer wrote:
Fields wrote:I don't understand in the reveal gameplay video, why they don't immediately exit the house after they get the hostage for the first time. They enter the room, kill the terrorist, grab the hostage, and decide to stick around for another 5 minutes. They even had climbing ropes just to get into the place.

And then go to leave by the same window they entered. . . .

"Sniper outside".....whatever.....

Game looks good, might give it a shot !
BF4 C3
BF4 C4
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

If there was a sniper outside, they wouldn't have been able to IN through that window, the sniper was theirs. What would have made sense was: Breach Building as they did, kill person as they did, rescue hostage as they did. Then instead of trying to shoot at nothing, ignoring enemies running around in front of them and seeming to aim 2 meters away from the enemy on purpose while failing to clear the level they were on, chuck the hostage out of the window like they were about to do at the end, get her clear, return to kill the remaining hostage takers.

Havok must truly have been terrifying for those people to fight against, considering he's probably at the very least mediocre at playing games :P

However despite their horrible playing of the game, it looks pretty good, has some interesting mechanics and will be a likely buy for me if it's similar to how it was there.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Fields wrote:I don't understand in the reveal gameplay video, why they don't immediately exit the house after they get the hostage for the first time. They enter the room, kill the terrorist, grab the hostage, and decide to stick around for another 5 minutes. They even had climbing ropes just to get into the place. :roll:

It might be interesting, but I don't think I'll be buying a ps4 anytime soon.
Hostages probably can't use ropes, but I will say it looked like a lot of that play was scripted in order to show off as much as they could of the pretty stuff like destruction. Some of the other videos of actual play, while not looking as polished as this video, is a lot better.

And it's supposed to be coming to PC as well, so no reason to buy a PS4. If it doesn't end up on PC then I won't end up getting it either.
Hypol33t

Post by Hypol33t »

matsif wrote:
Fields wrote: And it's supposed to be coming to PC as well, so no reason to buy a PS4. If it doesn't end up on PC then I won't end up getting it either.
Haha good one, getting a console.... PC MASTER RACE !

BF4 C3
BF4 C4
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I love the Rainbow Six series and would LOVE to play the Rainbow Six Vegas series via co-op with somebody.

With that said, I'm excited for RS:S. I was a little sad to hear that RS: Patriots was canceled but maybe this will make up for it.. (I still want a RS Single Player experience somewhere along the line though...)
Image[/url]
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Looks pretty cool, though the players voice scripts felt pretty... scripted.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Last I checked, it was indeed coming to PC as well. Definitely will be buying it. I've never been completely disappointed by a rainbow six game. Been underwhelmed by Vegas 1 and 2 but not enough to keep me from playing them and finding enjoyment.

That video was clearly scripted though. Probably why they were playing so bad too busy trying to be actors when they clearly aren't actor material.
haruky wrote:I love the Rainbow Six series and would LOVE to play the Rainbow Six Vegas series via co-op with somebody.

With that said, I'm excited for RS:S. I was a little sad to hear that RS: Patriots was canceled but maybe this will make up for it.. (I still want a RS Single Player experience somewhere along the line though...)
I think I would need to reinstall Vegas 2 but I wouldn't mind playing it again. Have a friend or two who'd probably love to join too. We could have a full coop squad. :)
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

matsif wrote:And it's supposed to be coming to PC as well, so no reason to buy a PS4. If it doesn't end up on PC then I won't end up getting it either.
Oh, that changes things. I thought it was a PS4/console exclusive because sony was showing it during their event. I'm sure we'll be playing it then, good buddy. :thumbup:
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

betas been going on since last week. game isn't bad, although the matchmaking is just absolutely terrible.

I have 5 beta keys for uplay if anyone is interested. shoot me a PM if you want one.
Róka

Post by Róka »

</hype>
ImageImage
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

phpBB [video]